Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

Re: Job Keeper Sole Trader Tax Return 12 March Cut Off Exclusion

Enthusiast

Replies 0

Thank you very much for the info.

Enthusiast

Replies 21

@Teepee wrote:

This is what seems like an update.Extracted and copied from the ATO website.Please see below. This seems reasonable.

We have the discretion to give further time, but only in limited circumstances, including if you:

• did not have a requirement to lodge your 2018-2019 return until after 12 March 2020
  • have deferred your lodgment under an extension of lodgment date we initiated.

Examples include:

• You are included in a registered agent’s lodgement program whereby your lodgement due date is after 12 March 2020.
  • You have an automatic ATO lodgement deferral in place as you were affected by the Australian bushfires in late 2019, and you are not registered or required to be registered for GST, so will not have lodged a BAS before 12 March 2020.

Thats looking very hopeful!

Initiate

Replies 20

@KylieATO  — can you confirm if the ATO form will be updated to reflect this? Or how to proceed? 

We have the discretion to give further time, but only in limited circumstances, including if you:

• did not have a requirement to lodge your 2018-2019 return until after 12 March 2020

Examples include:

• You are included in a registered agent’s lodgement program whereby your lodgement due date is after 12 March 2020.
  • You have an automatic ATO lodgement deferral in place as you were affected by the Australian bushfires in late 2019, and you are not registered or required to be registered for GST, so will not have lodged a BAS before 12 March 2020.

Enthusiast

Replies 7

@ebird wrote:

@KylieATO  — can you confirm if the ATO form will be updated to reflect this? Or how to proceed? 

Examples include:

So late lodgers are only eligible if they were registered with a Tax Agent, giving them permission to lodge late Smiley Sad 

Initiate

Replies 6

I dont understand. I signed document with my accountant on 10 feb. Taxes were lodged on 7th April. Due date is 15th May. I have already received notice of assesment. Does this mean I cannot apply or that since my due date was not passed I can still apply. If so are we still waiting for the form to be updated before we can apply ? It's the 22nd today. This is so stressful. I am a Personal Trainer and have fully stopped working since the gyms shut down.

Enthusiast

Replies 3

@Anamsh6 wrote:
I dont understand. I signed document with my accountant on 10 feb. Taxes were lodged on 7th April. Due date is 15th May. I have already received notice of assesment. Does this mean I cannot apply or that since my due date was not passed I can still apply. If so are we still waiting for the form to be updated before we can apply ? It's the 22nd today. This is so stressful. I am a Personal Trainer and have fully stopped working since the gyms shut down.

If your due date was 15th May then you're fine.  That being said, if you only signed with an accountant in Feb then your ITR would have already been overdue.  If your due date showed as 15th May though, you are good to go with the updated eligibility criteria.

Enthusiast

Replies 2

Hello everybody,

I am a self employed without any employee. Please let me know in JobKeeper form for

the  "Number of eligible employees" shall I put 0 or 1 ?

Thank you.

Initiate

Replies 1

"0" — you don't include yourself

Enthusiast

Replies 0

Thank you.

Enthusiast

Replies 1

Would you please let me know where do you see the due date of " 15th May " in your Mygov ?

or if it is showing in your Tax Statement or ... ?

Thank you.