Announcements
Looking for answers? Search our popular topics or ask a new question.

ATO Community

Job Keeper - Sole Trader started supply in 2019

Highlighted

Views 569

Replies 2

Hi There, regarding my eligibility for Job Keeper:

I'm a sole trader of a retail business that started selling products in September 2019 (after prepping in 2018 when i registered my ABN & business name). I estimated (correctly) that I would earn less than $75 000 in the tax year, so have not registered for GST or completed a BAS yet. I am planning to register for GST in the future. I meet all requirements except : "it had lodged, on or before 12 March 2020, at least one of...  - an activity statement or GST return for any tax period that started after 1 July 2018 and ended before 12 March 2020 showing that it made a taxable, GST-free or input-taxed sale.

Will I be eligible as per the note stating: "Note: A discretion to give further time after 12 March 2020 may apply in limited circumstances. More information will be available soon." Can I therefore enrol to apply now and tick 'yes' at that question in the form?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Dess and @AMW

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We should have more information on this soon so we recommend that you keep any eye on the JobKeeper Payment section of our website for updates.

Good luck with it all.

Thanks, ChrisR

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

I'm new

Replies 1

This is almost my situation exactly. I first made a profit in August 2019, however have not registered for GST as my income is also below the required level. I'm not entirely sure how to justify the 'notice to the commisioner' criteria, however I am sure that I do qualify for the job keeper, so ticked 'yes' to at least have my intent registered. Hopefully we will be able to clarify this by speaking to a human being soon!

Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Dess and @AMW

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We should have more information on this soon so we recommend that you keep any eye on the JobKeeper Payment section of our website for updates.

Good luck with it all.

Thanks, ChrisR