Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

Job Keeper - Two jobs

Views 601

Replies 3

Hi,
Currently I am employed at two jobs. Job A and job B. Both are eligible for JK, I am also eligible for JK in both jobs. I am receiving JK for job A but I want to quit.
Question- Once I have quit job A and no longer receive JK from them can I return the forms and claim JK from job B. If yes, how long should this process take of recognising Job B as my JK receiver?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 2

Once you have agreed to have been nominated by an employer, and received JobKeeper payments from them, you cannot change employer you receive payments from at any time during the duration of the JobKeeper scheme.

This is also covered in the declarations you signed on your JobKeeper employee nomination form.

Based on the information you have provided, you would not be eligible to receive JobKeeper payments from employer B. Employer B should be aware of this also.

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 2

Once you have agreed to have been nominated by an employer, and received JobKeeper payments from them, you cannot change employer you receive payments from at any time during the duration of the JobKeeper scheme.

This is also covered in the declarations you signed on your JobKeeper employee nomination form.

Based on the information you have provided, you would not be eligible to receive JobKeeper payments from employer B. Employer B should be aware of this also.

Replies 1

It doesn’t actually say this on the declaration form though..
It only says you must not be receiving JK from another employer, which after I quit Job A, I will not be.

Devotee

Replies 0

You should have signed an employee nomination form for employer A.

Section D of the form says (where a box is ticked), 

"Yes, I agree to be nominated by the employer outlined in Section A for the purpose of the JonKeeper scheme.

In making the nomination I;

(I) agree that I meet eligibility criteria listed above, and 

(II) confirm that I have not agreed to be nominated by any other employer, business or religious institution, and have not given another entity, or the commissioner a nomination form for the purpose of the scheme."

You gave employer A a nomination form. Even if you resign, you have still given "another entity" (I.e. Employer A, and therefore the ATO Commissioner) a nomination form for the purpose of the scheme.