Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Re: Job Keeper- Unpaid Parental Leave

Highlighted

Views 265

Replies 3

Hi,

I am fulltime worker at David Jones and soon I need to take parental unpaid leave from my work as my wife's due date is on 1st week on september.

Now I get no job keeper payment as my pay is more than 1500 fortnightly. 

My question is, when I will be having unpaid Parental leave, Will I get the job keeper payment?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Mayukh 

Your employer must in the first instance choose to participate in the JobKeeper scheme if they are eligible.

If so then, please visit this link to Work out if you are an eligible employee.

If you satisfy these conditions then you are eligible for JobKeeper.

Also note you will not be paid the JobKeeper payment by the ATO. The payment comes from your employer who is later reimbursed by the ATO. Tax will be withheld from the payment at your marginal tax rate so you may receive less than $1,500 in your bank account.

For additional information, please see How much you will get from your employer and Paying your eligible employees.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Master

Replies 1

depends on whether your employer is enrolled in the scheme and whether they enrolled you in the scheme. If yes to both of the above, you won't see any money from JK unless you are on unpaid leave. if you are are on unpaid leave with the permission of your employer and they are enrolled and have also enrolled you, then you should get $1500 less tax per fortnight for leave up to 27 September

Highlighted

Replies 0

Hi,

Thanks Katie for replying so quick.

Yes my company has enrolled and also I have been signed up for the job keeper payment.

But there was no confirmation later or notice from Job keeper that I have enrolled or I am in the program.

Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Mayukh 

Your employer must in the first instance choose to participate in the JobKeeper scheme if they are eligible.

If so then, please visit this link to Work out if you are an eligible employee.

If you satisfy these conditions then you are eligible for JobKeeper.

Also note you will not be paid the JobKeeper payment by the ATO. The payment comes from your employer who is later reimbursed by the ATO. Tax will be withheld from the payment at your marginal tax rate so you may receive less than $1,500 in your bank account.

For additional information, please see How much you will get from your employer and Paying your eligible employees.

Thanks.