Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Job Keeper and Cash Boost

Views 656

Replies 2

Hi All

Until finding this site I felt like I was the only one being persecuted by the ATO.  I have received no Cash Boost and no Jobkeeper.  Like many of you I have called and called - was told last week it will be escalated and will take atleast 20 working days to get a review,  I have checked and my business meets all the GST and PAYG requirements and lodged my BAS early.  The ATO website says payments will be made within 14 days.  With no support forthcoming I will have to let my staff go and close the business at the end of the month.  I had promised creditors part payment when the $10K arrived (which I had assumed would be early May as we applied early).  Covid-19 has seen my business deline by 80% and I just can't keep going.  I have approach Today Tonight and talk about the issues us small businesses are facing - I am certain larger businesses would have been paid (in fact I have checked with 3 I know who got the full $50K with in a week of BAS lodgement.  We can remain annomonous - they have said that - they just need information to base an investigation. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 1

Have you been given an answer as to why you haven't received any of the stimulus packages or why there's a delay? From what I've seen on this site many small businesses have received both job keeper and the cash boost payment. If they need more info they generally ask for it. Have you received any correspondence? Has your activity statement finalised in your my gov account? I dont think youre beinng persecuted by the ATO
2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 1

Have you been given an answer as to why you haven't received any of the stimulus packages or why there's a delay? From what I've seen on this site many small businesses have received both job keeper and the cash boost payment. If they need more info they generally ask for it. Have you received any correspondence? Has your activity statement finalised in your my gov account? I dont think youre beinng persecuted by the ATO

Replies 0

Everything lodged before it was due.  Have had confirmation that I am entitled to it - ATO can't explain why it is not being paid.  It has been escalated to a Technical Team - wait 20 working days - that was 7 weeks ago.

If you Google Job Keeper you will see that the Commissioner admitted that 150,000 companies have not been paid Jobkeeper - anyone who reported before 28 April has not been paid and he has no idea (his own words) why.

Maybe the idea is to cripple small business???  If you owed them money there would be a GIC - wonder if they will pay a GIC for delayed payments?