Our ATO Community is here to help make tax and super easier. Ask questions, share your knowledge and discuss your experiences with us and our Community.
An eligible employee is an employee who:
• is currently employed by the eligible employer (including those stood down or re-hired);
• is a full-time or part-time employee, or a casual employed on a regular and systematic basis for longer than 12 months as at 1 March 2020;
• was aged 16 years or older at 1 March 2020;
• was an Australian citizen, the holder of a permanent visa, or a Special Category (Subclass 444) Visa Holder at 1 March 2020;
• was a resident for Australian tax purposes on 1 March 2020; and
• is not in receipt of a JobKeeper Payment from another employer.
It is important to note that the JobKeeper payment hasn't been legislated yet, so there is a chance some part of the payment could change. We have everything we know about the JobKeeper payment in our newsfeed article. We'll update it as soon as new information becomes available.
If you are not an eligible employee, you may be able to access income support through Services Australia. More information is available on the Services Australia website .
Tell us about your ATO Community experience and help us improve it for everyone.Provide feedback