Announcements
We understand 2020 has been difficult and we're here to try and make it easier during tax time. Search posts, read articles or ask a question.

ATO Community

Job Keeper eligibility for people who have Youth Allowance

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 105

Replies 1

Currently I am a full time student recieving Youth Allowance with no shifts

I applied for Job keeper on the day when the forms came out and the other day my employer recieved a call from ATO that I am not because I am recieving Youth Allowance + CoronaSupl that is given out automatically who have youth allowance

and on Youth Allowance you have to report your income and in a section it says if you are recieving Job keeper that becomes part of your income. I have called Youth allowance Centrelink and every people I called have said that I should be eligible for jobkeeper.

But called ATO and most people I called didn't know and they even made me call fairwork australia. One person responded that since I am a full time student I am not eligible for Job keeper. But on the form or eligiblity list it doesnt say anything I'm not eligible. 

could someone clarify this? 

If people aren't eligible for youth allowance then why is there section to report you jobkeeper income through Youth Allowance?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Manager

Replies 0

Hi @SS_Y 

You should still be eligible for JobKeeper even if you are on Youth Allowance. You would just be required to report the JobKeeper income each fortnight to Centrelink. We have some information on how JobKeeper affects income support payments.

Thanks, Nate

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Manager

Replies 0

Hi @SS_Y 

You should still be eligible for JobKeeper even if you are on Youth Allowance. You would just be required to report the JobKeeper income each fortnight to Centrelink. We have some information on how JobKeeper affects income support payments.

Thanks, Nate