Announcements
Looking for answers? Search our popular topics or ask a new question.

ATO Community

Job Keeper eligibility two jobs

Highlighted

Views 574

Replies 1

Through my casual job I am eligible to receive payment for the job keeper. However, I am applying for a fixed term 6 month contract job, and was wondering if because this new job is fixed term, and not permanent, I will be eligible to still receive the job keeper payment from my casual employer, whilst working and earning a salary from the fixed term contract?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @laurentog 

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Take a look at Scenario 4 below I think that best suits your circumstance.

Based on our current information, here are four scenarios to help explain which employer you can receive the JobKeeper payment through:

Scenario 1: 2 jobs – 1 permanent employer and 1 casual employer:

Only your permanent employer will be able to claim JobKeeper Payment for you. Your casual employer won’t be able to claim it. If your permanent employer isn’t eligible to claim the payment, you won’t be eligible either. In turn, we suggest that you check out some of the other COVID-19 measures, e.g. early release of super.

Scenario 2: 2 jobs – Both casual employers:

If you are a long-term casual with at least one of your employers, they will be able to claim the JobKeeper Payment for you if they are eligible too. If you receive nominations from both employers, you must choose which one you want to get the payment from. If neither employer is eligible, you won’t be eligible either.

Scenario 3: 2 jobs – Both permanent employers:

This scenario is very similar to scenario 2. You can only get the JobKeeper Payment from one of your employers. If you are an eligible employee with both employers and you receive a nomination from both, only one of them can claim it for you.

Scenario 4: 2 jobs – 1 casual employer and 1 fixed-term contract:

Our current thinking is that a fixed-term contact isn’t considered to be permanent employment. This is based on information from the Fair Work website. In turn, this scenario is like scenarios 2 and 3 because you’re not a long-term casual with a permanent employer as per scenario 1.

For further information about the JobKeeper Payment for employees with multiple employers, have a look at our website.

I hope this helps

MichelleR

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @laurentog 

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Take a look at Scenario 4 below I think that best suits your circumstance.

Based on our current information, here are four scenarios to help explain which employer you can receive the JobKeeper payment through:

Scenario 1: 2 jobs – 1 permanent employer and 1 casual employer:

Only your permanent employer will be able to claim JobKeeper Payment for you. Your casual employer won’t be able to claim it. If your permanent employer isn’t eligible to claim the payment, you won’t be eligible either. In turn, we suggest that you check out some of the other COVID-19 measures, e.g. early release of super.

Scenario 2: 2 jobs – Both casual employers:

If you are a long-term casual with at least one of your employers, they will be able to claim the JobKeeper Payment for you if they are eligible too. If you receive nominations from both employers, you must choose which one you want to get the payment from. If neither employer is eligible, you won’t be eligible either.

Scenario 3: 2 jobs – Both permanent employers:

This scenario is very similar to scenario 2. You can only get the JobKeeper Payment from one of your employers. If you are an eligible employee with both employers and you receive a nomination from both, only one of them can claim it for you.

Scenario 4: 2 jobs – 1 casual employer and 1 fixed-term contract:

Our current thinking is that a fixed-term contact isn’t considered to be permanent employment. This is based on information from the Fair Work website. In turn, this scenario is like scenarios 2 and 3 because you’re not a long-term casual with a permanent employer as per scenario 1.

For further information about the JobKeeper Payment for employees with multiple employers, have a look at our website.

I hope this helps

MichelleR