Announcements
Have you sold crypto, shares or property? Our new capital gains tax guide has info about cost bases, calculations & more! Still got questions? Ask the Community!

ATO Community

Job Keeper for Healthcare/Allied Health Students

I'm new

Views 434

Replies 1

I am a final year allied health student who has also been working casually in retail for +2 years. My casual work place has provided an update on the COVID-19 situation with the following, 

"Due to the updated eligibility criteria under the revised JobKeeper 2.0 scheme, (company) will no longer be eligible to receive JobKeeper payments from the 28th September 2020. As a result, Team Members who are currently receiving JobKeeper will no longer receive these payments following 27th September" 

(company) is currently closed due to stage 4 restrictions - therefore I am unable to work and earn an income 

University placements- As we are in hospital environments, it is suggested that we do not engage in any work that may place a high risk of spread during this period - therefore unable to work 

As I have a job, but technically cannot work - would I qualify for JobSeeker or any sort of government initiative during this pandemic now that I am no longer eligible for JobKeeper? 

Thank you for your help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @divyam

The other support measure we have in place at the moment is early release of super. We suggest you visit Services Australia to see if you are eligible for any other form of income support.

Wishing you all the best!

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @divyam

The other support measure we have in place at the moment is early release of super. We suggest you visit Services Australia to see if you are eligible for any other form of income support.

Wishing you all the best!