Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Job Keeper payment question

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 194

Replies 1

I received my first job keeper payment. The first payment I received was for the period 16th March - 29th March. I wasn't sure about this because I thought the first payment was for the period 30th March - 12th April. I was told by my company because the period for the 16th March - 29th March was paid to me on the 2nd April that this had to be included in the job keeper payment. I just want to know if this is correct?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

HI @GK23,

Thanks for reaching out to ATO Community.

Employers need to satisfy payment requirements for their eligible employees in respect of each 14 day period covered by the scheme. The first period starts on Monday 30 March 2020 and ends on Sunday 12 April 2020.  The payment requirement is that employers pay their eligible employees a minimum of $1,500 per fortnight as per their normal pay cycle.

You can find further information on the Paying your eligible employees page.

I hope this helps.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

HI @GK23,

Thanks for reaching out to ATO Community.

Employers need to satisfy payment requirements for their eligible employees in respect of each 14 day period covered by the scheme. The first period starts on Monday 30 March 2020 and ends on Sunday 12 April 2020.  The payment requirement is that employers pay their eligible employees a minimum of $1,500 per fortnight as per their normal pay cycle.

You can find further information on the Paying your eligible employees page.

I hope this helps.