Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Re: Job Keeper short fall or over payment

Views 696

Replies 3

My question is about two parts ;

a) if an employee was overpaid Job Keeper previously can you deduct in the next fortnight?

Reason: Salary sacrifice needs to be added into the Job Keeper payment calculation.

b) if an employee was short Job Keeper in one fortnight can we top it up in the next fortnight ?

Reason: Faulty report overestimated some employees payment but due to the EOP being run cannot be fixed this period.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 2

Fairwork's website has a whole section on recovering money from employees if you overpaid them. I don't know what it said, because I didn't read it, but that would be a good place to start looking for answers

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 2

Fairwork's website has a whole section on recovering money from employees if you overpaid them. I don't know what it said, because I didn't read it, but that would be a good place to start looking for answers

Replies 1

That may not be relevant for this purpose as Job Keeper is a whole new ball game and it is more the implications in relation to Job Keeper I am interested in. Thanks for your assistance.

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @kco2812

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

@KatieAcacia is right - you will need to check out the Fair Work website, as they have a lot of information there that is directly relevant to what is happening with JobKeeper.

Hope that helps

thanks

LizdeK