Announcements
We understand 2020 has been difficult and we're here to try and make it easier during tax time. Search posts, read articles or ask a question.

ATO Community

Re: Job Keeper voluntarily took leave

Highlighted

Views 118

Replies 2

I have a question about my eligibility of job keeper for the initial fortnight 1st - 12th April? I am a part time permanent employee. My child was sick with fever and I was unable to go to work on the 2nd & 3rd April, On the 1st April due to the kids illness and concern about COVID -19 I msg my employer and volunteered to be absent from work and keep the kids out of school and daycare. I missed work on the 6th & 9th & It was a public holiday on the 10th. My employer has stated that I was not eligible for job keeper during this period as I was not stood down and was absent from work voluntarily. I have been payed job keeper top up from the 13th April onwards that includes my accrued sick and holiday leave. I would like to know if this is correct and confirm that I was not eligible for that initial fortnight? Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Dynamo

Replies 0

This ATO info seems to indicate you should have gotten paid JobKeeper for both fortnights (provided your employer qualified).

https://www.ato.gov.au/general/jobkeeper-payment/employees/eligible-employees/

Even if an employee is stood down (or on sick or family leave), you still qualify.

Maybe your employer accidentally didn't claim for you for the first FN? If so, they shoudl go back to the ATO and fix that. If they did claim for it (and it  sounds like they should have) then they have to pay it to you. They have to pay you the full amount (excluding PAYG)

@ll_m1 wrote:
I have a question about my eligibility of job keeper for the initial fortnight 1st - 12th April? I am a part time permanent employee. My child was sick with fever and I was unable to go to work on the 2nd & 3rd April, On the 1st April due to the kids illness and concern about COVID -19 I msg my employer and volunteered to be absent from work and keep the kids out of school and daycare. I missed work on the 6th & 9th & It was a public holiday on the 10th. My employer has stated that I was not eligible for job keeper during this period as I was not stood down and was absent from work voluntarily. I have been payed job keeper top up from the 13th April onwards that includes my accrued sick and holiday leave. I would like to know if this is correct and confirm that I was not eligible for that initial fortnight? Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Best answer

Dynamo

Replies 0

This ATO info seems to indicate you should have gotten paid JobKeeper for both fortnights (provided your employer qualified).

https://www.ato.gov.au/general/jobkeeper-payment/employees/eligible-employees/

Even if an employee is stood down (or on sick or family leave), you still qualify.

Maybe your employer accidentally didn't claim for you for the first FN? If so, they shoudl go back to the ATO and fix that. If they did claim for it (and it  sounds like they should have) then they have to pay it to you. They have to pay you the full amount (excluding PAYG)

@ll_m1 wrote:

Highlighted

Community Manager

Replies 0

Hi @ll_m1 

This is something that I would check on with Fair work Australia.

KylieS