Announcements
We understand 2020 has been difficult and we're here to try and make it easier during tax time. Search posts, read articles or ask a question.

ATO Community

Re: Job Keeper

Highlighted

Views 153

Replies 3

I finished one full time job in the 28/02/20 and 4 days later I walked right into another on the 3rd of March.
I understand that the guidelines wording is you must be in an Employment relationship with the Employer as at March 1. I signed my full time contract with ny new employer stating congratulations on your full time employment on the 27/02/2020. I believe that to be in an Employment Relationship with them.
I wasn’t able to start on 1st of March as it was a Sunday and the second of March was my 30th birthday. I was happy to work but they insisted that I don’t come in. Does this really leave me ineligible to claim?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Manager

Replies 2

Hi @MTrebes,

Thanks for reaching out to us (and happy birthday!).

So long as your contract commenced before March 1, your employer should be eligible to claim JobKeeper on your behalf. For more information, see the JobKeeper FAQs on our website.

I hope this answers your question.

JoshuaW

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Manager

Replies 2

Hi @MTrebes,

Thanks for reaching out to us (and happy birthday!).

So long as your contract commenced before March 1, your employer should be eligible to claim JobKeeper on your behalf. For more information, see the JobKeeper FAQs on our website.

I hope this answers your question.

JoshuaW

Highlighted

Replies 1

Hi Josh!

Thanks for your reply, where can I go to sort this out if my employer is saying no I am not entitled?

Regards

Monique
Highlighted

Community Manager

Replies 0

@MTrebes,

You can direct your employer to these pages to assist with clarifying eligibilty:

If they believe you are inenigible due to your start date, you may want to consider further discussions with the Fair Work Commission.

I hope this helps.

JoshuaW