Announcements
Have you sold crypto, shares or property? Our new capital gains tax guide has info about cost bases, calculations & more! Still got questions? Ask the Community!

ATO Community

Re: Job Keepper

Views 680

Replies 1

I have been working as a casual worker for more than 3years at same company and I can't get any shift since April.
My employer said they don't apply the Jobkeeper. If employer doesn't apply can't I apply?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Manager

Replies 0

Hi @2H 

For you to receive JobKeeper, your employer must first be eligible and willing to apply. It is not compulsory for employers to apply for these payments. It is also possible that your employer is not eligible.  

You may be eligible for other support payments such as JobSeeker, but you need to check your eligibility for that with Services Australia. 

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Community Manager

Replies 0

Hi @2H 

For you to receive JobKeeper, your employer must first be eligible and willing to apply. It is not compulsory for employers to apply for these payments. It is also possible that your employer is not eligible.  

You may be eligible for other support payments such as JobSeeker, but you need to check your eligibility for that with Services Australia.