Announcements
Have you sold crypto, shares or property? Our new capital gains tax guide has info about cost bases, calculations & more! Still got questions? Ask the Community!

ATO Community

Job keeper and super access

Views 541

Replies 1

Hi,
I'm running small business and also have part time job. (2jobs)
My business just started 2 months ago so Job keeper may not eligible. 2nd job- part time job started on Jan 2020 - this business eligible for Job keeper. So can I receive Jk payment from 2nd job? Also my own business has effect Covid no sales from Feb 2020. Can I access early super payment? I received wage from own business in Jan 2020 but no wage from Feb 2020.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @JI85,

Thanks for reaching out.

Only one claim for JobKeeper can be made per person.

If you’re a permanent employee of another business you can’t claim JobKeeper as a sole trader.

Both you and your employer need to be eligible to receive JobKeeper. See Eligibility for employees information on our website. If you’re eligible for JobKeeper payments, your employer will let you know.

“To be eligible for early release of super, a citizen or permanent resident of Australia and New Zealand must be in one of the following circumstances:

• You are unemployed.
  • You are eligible to receive one of the following  
    • jobseeker payment
    • youth allowance for jobseekers (unless you are undertaking full-time study or are a new apprentice)
    • parenting payment (which includes the single and partnered payments)
    • special benefit
    • farm household allowance.

• On or after 1 January 2020 either  
    • you were made redundant
    • your working hours were reduced by 20% or more (including to zero)
    • you were a sole trader and your business was suspended or there was a reduction in turnover of 20% or more.”

There is also COVID-19 early release of super information on our website.

I hope this helps.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @JI85,

Thanks for reaching out.

Only one claim for JobKeeper can be made per person.

If you’re a permanent employee of another business you can’t claim JobKeeper as a sole trader.

Both you and your employer need to be eligible to receive JobKeeper. See Eligibility for employees information on our website. If you’re eligible for JobKeeper payments, your employer will let you know.

“To be eligible for early release of super, a citizen or permanent resident of Australia and New Zealand must be in one of the following circumstances:

• You are unemployed.
  • You are eligible to receive one of the following  
    • jobseeker payment
    • youth allowance for jobseekers (unless you are undertaking full-time study or are a new apprentice)
    • parenting payment (which includes the single and partnered payments)
    • special benefit
    • farm household allowance.

• On or after 1 January 2020 either  
    • you were made redundant
    • your working hours were reduced by 20% or more (including to zero)
    • you were a sole trader and your business was suspended or there was a reduction in turnover of 20% or more.”

There is also COVID-19 early release of super information on our website.

I hope this helps.