Announcements
Have you sold crypto, shares or property? Our new capital gains tax guide has info about cost bases, calculations & more! Still got questions? Ask the Community!

ATO Community

Job keeper-do ineligible employees need to return the nomination form to their employer?

Views 665

Replies 1

If an employee is ineligible for JobKeeper because they are receiving workcover payments as they have no capacity to work, do they need to tick the box “No, I do not agree to be nominated by the employer outlined in section A for the purpose of the JobKeeper scheme” and return the form to their employer? OR do they simply not return the form to their employer as they are ineligible?

What happens if the employee down the track regains capacity to work? Do they need to compete the JobKeeper nomination form and send it to their employer?

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Diana6 

Thanks for reaching out to ATO Community regarding the JobKeeper Payment.

The below information is from our Employee FAQ's

Question: My employer has asked me to nominate with them for JobKeeper. Do I have to do it? What happens if I don’t?

Answer: It is not compulsory to nominate your employer for JobKeeper. If you don’t nominate them, they cannot receive the JobKeeper payment for you. If you usually earn less than $1,500 a fortnight, this means that your employer will probably not increase your pay to at least $1,500 per fortnight (before tax), unlike for other employees who do nominate.

We have also published additional information on the employee nomination notice form. It doesn’t confirm that the form has to be returned, however your employer may like a copy for record keeping purposes.

Thanks

SarahB1

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Diana6 

Thanks for reaching out to ATO Community regarding the JobKeeper Payment.

The below information is from our Employee FAQ's

Question: My employer has asked me to nominate with them for JobKeeper. Do I have to do it? What happens if I don’t?

Answer: It is not compulsory to nominate your employer for JobKeeper. If you don’t nominate them, they cannot receive the JobKeeper payment for you. If you usually earn less than $1,500 a fortnight, this means that your employer will probably not increase your pay to at least $1,500 per fortnight (before tax), unlike for other employees who do nominate.

We have also published additional information on the employee nomination notice form. It doesn’t confirm that the form has to be returned, however your employer may like a copy for record keeping purposes.

Thanks

SarahB1