Announcements
Looking for answers? Search our popular topics or ask a new question.

ATO Community

Job keeper eligibility new job

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 1237

Replies 5

Hey there I just received job keeper from my job that I’ve been stood down from. But I also just got a new job the same week I got my back pay from Job keeper. The new job is only part time.
Will this new job stop me from getting Job Keepers? Or will the Job keepers just be a smaller amount or something??

I’m so confused, thank youSmiley Happy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 4

Hi @Lucycam99,

Great question! I'm hoping our JobKeeper knowledge base article answers it for you.

What if I have multiple jobs?

You can only receive the payment from one employer. Here are some different scenarios:

1. Long-term casual and permanent job: In this situation, you can’t be nominated by your casual employer, you must choose your permanent employer. If you’re permanent employer isn’t eligible to claim the payment, you won’t be eligible either.
  2. Fixed-term contract and long-term casual: if you're a fixed term contractor at 1 March and also a long-term casual, you can only choose to nominate through your fixed-term contract employer, not your casual employer. If the fixed-term contract is renewed before 27 September 2020, you will continue to be eligible for JobKeeper Payment under that employer. If you fixed-term contract isn’t renewed before 27 September 2020, you will likely cease being eligible for the JobKeeper Payment.
  3. Two long-term casual jobs or two permanent jobs: If you receive nominations from both employers, you can choose the one you want to get the payment from.

Let me know if you have any other questions,
EmilyW

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 4

Hi @Lucycam99,

Great question! I'm hoping our JobKeeper knowledge base article answers it for you.

What if I have multiple jobs?

You can only receive the payment from one employer. Here are some different scenarios:

1. Long-term casual and permanent job: In this situation, you can’t be nominated by your casual employer, you must choose your permanent employer. If you’re permanent employer isn’t eligible to claim the payment, you won’t be eligible either.
  2. Fixed-term contract and long-term casual: if you're a fixed term contractor at 1 March and also a long-term casual, you can only choose to nominate through your fixed-term contract employer, not your casual employer. If the fixed-term contract is renewed before 27 September 2020, you will continue to be eligible for JobKeeper Payment under that employer. If you fixed-term contract isn’t renewed before 27 September 2020, you will likely cease being eligible for the JobKeeper Payment.
  3. Two long-term casual jobs or two permanent jobs: If you receive nominations from both employers, you can choose the one you want to get the payment from.

Let me know if you have any other questions,
EmilyW

Highlighted

Replies 1

Hi EmilyW,

What about in the situation where the following applies:

• I am a long-term casual employee
  • I was stood down due to COVID after 1 March 2020
  • My employer elected into Jobkeeper and is JobKeeper eligible
  • I received Jobkeeper from my JobKeeper eligible employer for the period after stand down
  • I have secured new casual employment since my stand down (not a permanent employee of any other employer)
  • I am not eligible with my new employer because I do not qualify under the 12mth rule

Do I still qualify for Jobkeeper from my original employer? Considering I am not a permanent employee at my new job.

In the JobKeeper Payment — Frequently Asked Questions factsheet it states “The JobKeeper Payment is not income-tested, so you may earn additional income without your payment being affected as long as you are eligible and maintain your employment (including being stood down) with your JobKeeper-eligible employer.”

Does this mean I can earn my job keeper wage and my new wage?

Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Ed-12,

Thanks for reaching out and apologies for the delay.

You can earn additional income without your JobKeeper payments being affected as long as you maintain your employment (including being stood down) with your JobKeeper-eligible employer.

You can find this information and more in the employees' frequently asked questions on our website.

I hope this helps.

Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 1

hi emily,

i got my full time work which is shut i am geting job keeper from them but i got part time work . which is 21 hours per week.

still ok to get job keeper

Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @gurdit

You can still receive JobKeeper if you and your employer are still eligible. Be aware you can only receive JobKeeper payments from one employer at any given time.