Announcements
We understand that 2020 has been a difficult year but we're here to try and make it a little easier for you during tax time. You can search other people's posts, read our articles or ask your own question.

ATO Community

Re: Job keeper payment for Self Employed by Family Trust received

Highlighted

Initiate

Views 4325

Replies 10

Hi all,

Checked my account this morning and found the $3000 Job Keeper payment has already arrived!

So just jump on here to let everyone in similar situation know, that it's coming quickly. 

My wife is an Airbnb cleaner and pretty much lost most if not all of her business when the Airbnb ban started.

We operate as a family trust with my wife being one of the beneficiary to receive the payment.

We enrolled on 20/4 when it was first open, and put in all other required details this Mon when it was ready to be entered.

It's been quite tough in the past few weeks, have cut all non-essential spending already.

Now I can finally buy some beef, seafood and a cake to celebrate mother's day and my daughter's birthday over the weekend.

Big thank you for Federal Government, ATO (despite the long wait over the phone, most staff who we spoke to are courteous, patient and professional), and everyone who provided support in this community!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Commissioner of Taxation

Replies 6

Hi @ableCap 

I’ve been glad to hear that your (and other) payments have made their way through quickly, and that our staff on the phones and ATO Community have been able to help you find the information you needed.

Have a happy and safe mother’s day and wishing your daughter a very happy birthday.

Chris Jordan

Commissioner of Taxation

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @ableCap 

I am really sorry to hear about your business and the effect Covid-19 has had on your livelyhood and your family.

On behalf of our Community team, I want to say thank you thank you thank you, for taking the time to reach out and let us know that you have received your JobKeeper money today. When I read your post I actually got goosebumps, this is what it's all about helping the Community and providing support as quickly as we can.

It's great to hear that the staff who have assisted you on the phone have been courteous, patient and professional, exactly how it should be. We take great pride in our work, and we understand now more than ever the impact we can have in assisting people in need.

Enjoy your Mothers Day celebrations on the weekend and a big Happy Birthday to your daughter, I hope the time with your family is really special and you enjoy lots of laughs and have a wonderful time.

Wishing you all the very best for the future and I hope things start to improve really soon for you, SueO

Highlighted

Best answer

Commissioner of Taxation

Replies 6

Hi @ableCap 

I’ve been glad to hear that your (and other) payments have made their way through quickly, and that our staff on the phones and ATO Community have been able to help you find the information you needed.

Have a happy and safe mother’s day and wishing your daughter a very happy birthday.

Chris Jordan

Commissioner of Taxation

Highlighted

Enthusiast

Replies 0

I do have to concur that the phone staff at the ATO have been very good and helpful indeed. Even the wait time is reasonable. Hopefully our Job keeper will processed soon too as we are rather stressed out atm.

Highlighted

Replies 1

Hi Mr Commissioner,

I've just read your Law Companion Ruling LCR 2020/1 regarding the JobKeeper payment - decline in turnover test.

It seems fair, but I do notice it does not make mention of the businesses that utilise the Alternate Test. I am a sole trader and have made my projections for the June quarter using the Alternate Test to the best of my ability. Although LCR 2020/1 helps clarify things I can't help but notice it may technically not apply to people like me. Can you please have it ammended or a similiar ruling created for businesses that use the Alternate Test? Thanks so much!

Highlighted

Devotee

Replies 0

The wheels are turning! Sole trader here with one employee. The $3,000 for April arrived in the bank account today!

(the business is eligible but I wasn't, as I'm employed by another entity)

Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 0

Thank you for your kind messages and warm wishes Chris and SueO!

You guys, among other essential workers, are what makes our country proud during this special time of crisis!

Keep up the great work!!

Highlighted

I'm new

Replies 1

I have 2 ABN 

First ABN- I was in the process of becoming uber driver and did all the steps just before the Covid19 but ABN was active from last year

Second ABN is my trust with corporate trustee and operates from last 5 years but last year due to some issues with owner we closed. But when we planned to reopen in Feb after all fixed. had to close due to Covid 19.

I have already received the payment as a eligible business particpant for trust business. Is this payment for company expenses which we are paying from our pocket like rent bills body corporate and other expenses by getting loan from bank or I can withdraw that paymen t and and use for my personal expenses.

But Can I nominate my self for the second business as eligible business participant as uber driver as sole trader as well 

because they are 2 separate entities. Please reply asap possible as its last day for the enrolment 

thanks

Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 0

Hi ds6989,

From what I've read each natural person can only receive one JK payment so I guess the short answer to your question is no.

Also I think you've got up to end of May to enrol.

cheers

Highlighted

Replies 1

Thats great news ableCAP Enjoy a happy mothers day weekend!

I'm still waiting for my payment. I have completed the 3 step process, ENROLLED, IDENTIIFIED, APRIL DECLARED.

Hopefully it will come sometime today.