Announcements
The JobKeeper Payment scheme finished on 28 March 2021. Find out what this means for your business.

ATO Community

Re: Job keeper payment

Views 35

Replies 1

If I own 2 restaurant, say Restaurant A and Restaurant B and I have an employee  C.S. who works for both restaurants. 

During the Covid Period, Restaueant A was shut down, therefore I applied Jobkeeper payment for the employee C.S.

However, C.S continued to work at Restaurant B which was still operating during the Covid Period.

My question here is:

May I use the jobkeeper payment received by Restaurant A to pay for C.S's wages at  Restaurant B? 
thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @GFL

It depends on your business structure.

If both restaurants are the same entity and under the same ABN, then any employee under the two restaurants who is eligible should be nominated. You can use JobKeeper to subsidise the wages for both restaurants in this case.

If the restaurants are not under the same ABN, then they are separate entities for tax (and JobKeeper) purposes. You cannot use one entity's subsidies against the obligations of the other entity.

You can read more about eligible employers for JobKeeper on our website.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @GFL

It depends on your business structure.

If both restaurants are the same entity and under the same ABN, then any employee under the two restaurants who is eligible should be nominated. You can use JobKeeper to subsidise the wages for both restaurants in this case.

If the restaurants are not under the same ABN, then they are separate entities for tax (and JobKeeper) purposes. You cannot use one entity's subsidies against the obligations of the other entity.

You can read more about eligible employers for JobKeeper on our website.