Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Job keeper payments

Views 464

Replies 1

My boss has claimed job keeper for me. I’m a permanent part time employee and he is making me work more hours than I normally do to make up for the extra money I’m receiving from the job keeper payments. Is this fair? I’m the only one who is working more hours
I’m also not getting equal payments of my job keeper. I’m getting 300ish one week and 700-800ish the next week. Is he wrong for doing this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Tozeremilyy 

We can answer your question about the JobKeeper payment. Basically, your employer is required to pay you a minimum of $1500 (before tax) each JobKeeper fortnight. If you aren't receiving this minimum amount, then it is best you let us know by making a tip-off. We will be examining JobKeeper Tip-Offs and contacting employers where we have concerns and need to verify issues.

The number of hours worked is by agreement between your employer and you, subject to this being in compliance with Fair Work laws. Fair Work has useful information about what your employer can do during this period and Fair Work will be best placed to provide you an answer to your question about your employer making you work more hours than normal.

Hope this information helps.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Tozeremilyy 

We can answer your question about the JobKeeper payment. Basically, your employer is required to pay you a minimum of $1500 (before tax) each JobKeeper fortnight. If you aren't receiving this minimum amount, then it is best you let us know by making a tip-off. We will be examining JobKeeper Tip-Offs and contacting employers where we have concerns and need to verify issues.

The number of hours worked is by agreement between your employer and you, subject to this being in compliance with Fair Work laws. Fair Work has useful information about what your employer can do during this period and Fair Work will be best placed to provide you an answer to your question about your employer making you work more hours than normal.

Hope this information helps.