ATO Community

Re: Job keeper

I'm new

Views 300

Replies 2

During the December qtr of this year we sold one of two cafes that we owned. This business was sold because of the strain and financial pressure of trying to run 2 businesses during covid. As we have sold this business we are showing more than 30% downturn in turnover compared to the same period of last year. Are we elligable to claim Job Keeper for January 2021. We have spoken with our accountant and they have tried to get an answer from the ATO but nobody will give us a definite answer and we don't want to be claiming wrongly. Cheers Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hello @Mark24

Welcome to ATO Community Smiley Happy

You will be eligible for JobKeeper extension 2, if you have checked that you are an eligible employer, you have eligible employees and you meet the decline in turnover test using either the basic test, or an alternate test.

When calculating your turnover, the sale of assets, including a franchise or business, need to be included in your calculation. If this means you cannot show an actual decline in turnover using the basic or alternate test, then you unfortunately will not be eligible.

I hope this helps. Have a great day Smiley Happy

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hello @Mark24

Welcome to ATO Community Smiley Happy

You will be eligible for JobKeeper extension 2, if you have checked that you are an eligible employer, you have eligible employees and you meet the decline in turnover test using either the basic test, or an alternate test.

When calculating your turnover, the sale of assets, including a franchise or business, need to be included in your calculation. If this means you cannot show an actual decline in turnover using the basic or alternate test, then you unfortunately will not be eligible.

I hope this helps. Have a great day Smiley Happy

Devotee

Replies 0

Basically, if you meet all the other requirements and your income is down by at least 30% (even if this is because you sold one of your cafe's), then you can claim Jobkeeper. I believe  you will have to include the income you received from the sale of your cafe (if it falls into that quarter) when you calculate your comparitive income.