Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

Job keeper

Views 639

Replies 1

My employer has said that I would not be back paid job keeper and would receive first payment on 13th of March. Is this legal for them to do that? I have been without wages for over a month now and was counting on that income.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Gsaka 

The below information from the JobKeeper payment knowledge based article provides some further advice.

Is it compulsory to enrol for JobKeeper and can I choose which employees I nominate?

It’s not compulsory for employers to participate however if you decide to enrol, you need to nominate all eligible employees, you can’t pick and choose.

When and how much do we pay employees?

Eligible employers will need to pay eligible employees a minimum of $1,500 (before tax) each JobKeeper fortnight, starting from 30 March and 13 April 2020. These payments should be made using your payroll system and reported using Single Touch Payroll.

Thanks

SarahB1

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Gsaka 

The below information from the JobKeeper payment knowledge based article provides some further advice.

Is it compulsory to enrol for JobKeeper and can I choose which employees I nominate?

It’s not compulsory for employers to participate however if you decide to enrol, you need to nominate all eligible employees, you can’t pick and choose.

When and how much do we pay employees?

Eligible employers will need to pay eligible employees a minimum of $1,500 (before tax) each JobKeeper fortnight, starting from 30 March and 13 April 2020. These payments should be made using your payroll system and reported using Single Touch Payroll.

Thanks

SarahB1