Announcements
On 7 August 2020 the government proposed further changes to the JobKeeper extension. For more information, visit the Treasury website.

ATO Community

Re: Job seeker

Highlighted

Views 676

Replies 9

Hello there,

I`d like to check if I might be eligible for a job seeker payment if I am currently on a maternity leave and my husbdand had his income reduced due to the COVID-19 situation. 

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Champion

Replies 8

Good evening Irinazo

JobSeeker is administered by Services Australia, so questions about this payment should be directed to them.

The ATO administers JobKeeper payment. You may be eligible for both, even though you're on maternity leave. The ATO Community have written a useful response about receiving JobKeeper while on maternity leave

Hope this is helpful to you. 

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Best answer

Champion

Replies 8

Good evening Irinazo

JobSeeker is administered by Services Australia, so questions about this payment should be directed to them.

The ATO administers JobKeeper payment. You may be eligible for both, even though you're on maternity leave. The ATO Community have written a useful response about receiving JobKeeper while on maternity leave

Hope this is helpful to you. 

Highlighted

Replies 3

Thank you! I shall look into that. Cheers!

Highlighted

Replies 2

Hi

I’m in the same situation as you.
Did you manage to find out your eligibility with Jobseeker?
Highlighted

Replies 1

Hi!
No, not yet.
Highlighted

Replies 0

Hi

Not yet because you haven’t applied? Or you application is yet to be finalised?
Highlighted

Replies 3

Hi

You said you may be eligible for both if your on maternity leave. Can I ask why you believe jobseeker may be eligible?
Highlighted

Champion

Replies 2

Hi Shik

Below is from the ATO webpage that I linked to in previous post. I've added the bold part, but you should direct all Job Seeker questions to Services Australia. Hope this is helpful. Smiley Happy

JobKeeper Payment

You may be able to get JobKeeper Payment through your employer. Check with them if they have registered for this payment. Do this before you make a claim.

You don’t need to call or visit us to claim JobKeeper Payment. If you’re eligible, you'll get the payment from your employer.

If you get both JobSeeker Payment and JobKeeper Payment, you need to report your JobKeeper Payment to us as income.

This may mean you’re no longer eligible for JobSeeker Payment or another Centrelink income support payment.

If you don’t report it to us you may end up with an overpayment and you could get a debt.

Use our guide to check what you can get. It can help you find out which payment is right for you.

Highlighted

Replies 1

Hi

But the question is - are you eligible for jobseeker payments if you are on unpaid maternity leave and qualify all the other requirements?

Jobkeeper is not applicable as my employer has not had turnover drop by 30%.

Thanks
Highlighted

Champion

Replies 0

JobSeeker is administered by Services Australia, so questions should be directed to them. You can read about JobSeeker here and contact details for Services Australia are listed here. Sorry I can't provide you with further information.