Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

JobKeeper 2.0 Reference Period

Views 477

Replies 2

Hi,

I have a question in regards to the JobKeeper reference period. During February I worked less than 80 hours as I was having issues with my health so I had to cancel a lot of shifts from my roster. By March I was working the 80 hours as I was able to manage my health. I was let go in April so I’m not applicable for the Pre-July testing. Does the alternative reference period cover this (and allow for my employer to use pre-April instead of pre-March as a reference period) or not? I’m really not sure so just thought I’d ask on here.

Thank you so much for your time ! Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @SPL20,

If you took unpaid personal leave during the pre-March or pre-July reference period and this is not representative of your typical hours, then your employer could use the "alternative referenece period".

2 REPLIES 2

Devotee

Replies 0

You would need to use a period before the reference period eg January where you worked normal hours

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @SPL20,

If you took unpaid personal leave during the pre-March or pre-July reference period and this is not representative of your typical hours, then your employer could use the "alternative referenece period".