Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

JobKeeper - Alternative Test registration

Views 1310

Replies 2

Good morning

We would like to register our  small business under the alternative test, however the ATO Business Portal has not changed and still  does not give us the option to do so.  The only option available, is  still the reduction in income test

Could you please advise how we can register before the due date.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Enthusiast

Replies 0

If you have self assessed that you meet the alternative test just tick "yes". The question on the form doesn't differentiate between which test you have chosen to use; it covers both tests. No brainer.
2 REPLIES 2

Replies 1

This is my exact question also. I qualify using the alternative test (new business, sole trader) but the MyGov application hasn't been updated to reflect that. I don't want to miss out on the April payment. 

Most helpful response

Enthusiast

Replies 0

If you have self assessed that you meet the alternative test just tick "yes". The question on the form doesn't differentiate between which test you have chosen to use; it covers both tests. No brainer.