Announcements
The JobKeeper Payment scheme finished on 28 March 2021. Find out what this means for your business.

ATO Community

Re: JobKeeper Application for Business Participant with 0 Employees

I'm new

Replies 0

Hi @Tracey74,

I notice in the below information that you have mentioned that you need to identify the eligible business participant by adding them in the business portal. I've tried several times to find where to do this in the business portal and can't find where to do so. Can you provide the how-to steps so that I can do this or is this next step not currently available?

Thanks in advance!

Initiate

Replies 0

I am also having this issue, if the business is set up as a sole trader with no employees entering 0 employees works fine. if its set up as a partnership with no employees it gives me an error saying *At least one employee is required

the job keeper guide tells us to enter 0 employees if thats the case, what should we do?

Replies 1

I'm having the exact same problem. @Tracey74 The help section clearly states NOT to list the eligible business participant as an employee, and yet when you try to write '0' in the employee section, it shows this error. 

Number of eligible employees who have been or will be remunerated $1,500 or more (this may include wages, tax and salary-sacrifice super) for JobKeeper fortnight one (30 March - 12 April) *
employees

• Number of eligible employees who have been or will be remunerated $1,500 or more (this may include wages, tax and salary-sacrifice super) for JobKeeper fortnight one (30 March - 12 April)At least one employee is required

I'm new

Replies 0

And just adding to the count.  I too am a partner in a partnership with no employees and the jobkeeper enrolment form won't accept 0 for the number of employees nominated.

Replies 17

Same issue. Trying to register as a company, both directors work in the business with no employees.

Despite the ATO's own instructions, the form will not allow a "0" to be inserted at "Number of JobKeeper eligible employees paid during April"

So I'm stuck.

Looks like a mistake in the ATO's form logic.

ATO Certified Response

Devotee

Replies 16

Hi @rs64  @ken86c  @MurrayUnity  @jodie_milton @SG8 

There is currently a known issue when clients are attempting to enrol for JobKeeper through our online channels. Where a business has no employees, but does have a business participant, the online enrolment won't allow an entry of 0 for the number of employees section. A business participant is not an employee so this will result in incorrect enrolments if the client has entered 1 employee

Currently we are working to resolve this issue. A deployment is scheduled for the night of the 21/04

We are able to manually complete the enrolement via phone, however there maybe a lengthy wait to get through.

Please note this is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time

Replies 0

Thanks @Tracey74 - appreciate the update. I'll try again tomorrow (April 22)

Replies 0

Hi Tracy74,

I think the process I followed was to enter 1 employee, then select Sole Trader, then go back and enter 0 employees.

Edit> This process worked and the form was submitted without error.

Regards,

Gary.

Replies 0

Thankyou, that answers my question as well

@Tracey74 wrote:

There is currently a known issue when clients are attempting to enrol for JobKeeper through our online channels. Where a business has no employees, but does have a business participant, the online enrolment won't allow an entry of 0 for the number of employees section. A business participant is not an employee so this will result in incorrect enrolments if the client has entered 1 employee

Currently we are working to resolve this issue. A deployment is scheduled for the night of the 21/04

We are able to manually complete the enrolement via phone, however there maybe a lengthy wait to get through.

@Tracey74 wrote:

Replies 0

Thank you, that clarifies the situation