Announcements
The JobKeeper Payment scheme finished on 28 March 2021. Find out what this means for your business.

ATO Community

Re: JobKeeper Application for Business Participant with 0 Employees

Initiate

Replies 0

Thanks for the time on this Tracey74

I enrolled on the 20th but couldn't complete the form unless I had 1 employee. Now it seems as Sole Traders we need 0. Have been trying all day to get through to the ATO on the phone but can't event get past the automated messages saying it's too busy to take calls.

It seems there'll be a fair few Sole Traders in the same scenario. I guess we just need to know what the best step is to make sure our Enrollment goes through correctly and not clog up resources.  Hopefully the web update will allow for an Edit or Cancel / Resubmit.

Cheers Smiley Happy 

Initiate

Replies 4

Sooo i submitted with 1 employee (yesterday morning) as that was only what it allowed at the time although i am an eligible business participant of a trust.

What happens now as i can not go back and rectify?

Initiate

Replies 3

I got through to ATO by phone and they fixed my form for me

Initiate

Replies 0

Initiate

Replies 1

Got through to ATO, approx 30 min wait time on hold, Leanne was super helpful and fixed it. No stress. Thanks ATO keep up the good work in these tough times!

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @JR013 

Yay, super happy you are all sorted.

It definitely is tough times!, please take care and stay safe :-)

Ps, Also happy to read that Leanne was super helpful, feedback for staff is appreciated!

Please note this is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time

Replies 0

what to do if you have registered on 20 Apr with 1 employee as there was no other option

Replies 0

it is strange that there is no option to edit the glitch online ? called ATO, answer is still unclear!

Replies 0

I have been back on the ATO website today but cannot see any sign of a form for sole traders/self-employed to fill out for the Jobkeeper payment. Did the amendments happen overnight as mentioned, or has there been a delay?

Enthusiast

Replies 0

Hi Tracey,

It does not appear that this issue has been resolved yet. Do you have any further information regarding the timeline for this fix?

And now also, in the declaration by the employing entity's business participant is states that the they must have had an ABN on 12 March 2020. Why would this be required for a beneficiary of Trust income? Is this yet another issue that needs to be rectified?

Thanks for your help and knowledge with all of these issues

Regards

SB