Announcements
The JobKeeper Payment scheme finished on 28 March 2021. Find out what this means for your business.

ATO Community

Re: JobKeeper Application for Business Participant with 0 Employees

Initiate

Replies 5

Hey Kevin,

I have the same issue, just spoke with an operator on the phone who advised because I am the eligible business participant she doesn't believe I have to do this step. She didn't sound too sure of herself on the matter though, and that seems to contradict the steps given by the ATO so... I am searching for some confirmation that what she has told me is correct

@KevinW wrote:

hi Tracy

I have enroled our company for JobKeeper, but I don't see anywhere on my Business Portal where I can add myself as an 'eligible business participent'. How can I do this

Regards
Kevin

Replies 0

hi,

i have just spoken to ATO operator on phone and was able to fix the issue. some operator have no info about it, i guess. 

called 8 am & able to connect quickly.

thanks

Replies 1

I am having the same problem. I have enrolled for jobkeeper but can’t work out how I can register a eligible business participant. Is this done via the business portal?

Initiate

Replies 0

Nickel,

Just so I knwo what you did, you have registered an MyGovID account and signed in?

If so did you complete Step 1  indicating zero for employees and down further on the form you selected   eligible business participant.

If that is the case your next move is to complete the Nomination form that relates to you via this link https://www.ato.gov.au/General/JobKeeper-Payment/Sole-traders-and-other-entities/

My question was if we do not submit the form how does the ATO know who I am as such, well they know who you are from MyGOVID sign up.  so you are auromatically the Nominated person.

It will all become clearer on the 4/5/2020 when the inforation is released on calculations for our catergory is released.  

Smiley Happy

Observer

Replies 0

Hello,

Did you have any luck with how to identify yourself as the eligible business participant? I can't find anywhere to manually enter details.  

Thank you

"If you are identifying an eligible business participant, add them in the Business Portal.

You will need to manually enter the details of the business participant."

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi Launchpad, the site is very confusing, but if you click into "identify employee", it then gives you a drop down to identify yourself as a business participant. It took me HOURS to find this. They really should have made it clearer.

Initiate

Replies 0

You can't do this till May 4. Then they will add something to the Buisness Portal

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi Kevin, the site is very confusing, but if you click into "identify employee", it then gives you a drop down to identify yourself as a business participant. It took me HOURS to find this. They really should have made it clearer.

Replies 0

Hi, 

In your comments you've mentioned for "to add the participant through the Business Portal" What do you mean by Businese portal and where to download the nomination form? Do you keep the form or submit them to ATO?

Replies 0

So what if like to know is how to manually enter the business participant? Doesn’t this have to be done by 30th April?