Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Watch the video in our latest news article.

ATO Community

Re: JobKeeper Back Pay Eligibility

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 391

Replies 1

I was originally not considered for the JobKeeper nomination by my primary employer (I currently have 2 jobs) as my primary employer was confused as to whether I was continuing work for my secondary employer during this time. They didn't communicate with me on this and assumed I was still earning through my secondary employer (which was not the case).

By the time I realised I was eligible for JobKeeper, contacted my primary employer and completed the nomination I wasn't employed under JobKeeper until the 11th of May with my first pay being the 25th of May. My nomination was sent to my employer on the 30th of April so I am guessing it wasn't submitted till the beginning of May.

Am I elgibile for back pay till the 30th of March?

Thank you for any replies!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Hayesy 

Once any of your employers had made the decision they were going to participate in the JobKeeper scheme, they should have provided you with an employee nomination form.

However as it seems that wasn't the case and you only returned a signed nomination form to one of your employers at the end of April/beginning of May, then that is when your employer could include you in the scheme. So if your employer had received your signed nomination form before 10 May and they paid you the minimum of $1500 (before tax) for the fortnight ending 10 May then they could have claimed reimbursement for that payment.

It sounds like they only paid you the JobKeeper payment for FN04  which commenced on the 11 May.

As it stands the JobKeeper payment is a payment we make to eligible employers as reimbursement after they have paid their eligible employees. Therefore, we have the JobKeeper payment relationship with the employer, not the employee. Therefore any "backpay" issues will have to be discussed with your employer but we cannot reimbursement them if they had not paid you the payment requirement within the appropriate fortnight.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Hayesy 

Once any of your employers had made the decision they were going to participate in the JobKeeper scheme, they should have provided you with an employee nomination form.

However as it seems that wasn't the case and you only returned a signed nomination form to one of your employers at the end of April/beginning of May, then that is when your employer could include you in the scheme. So if your employer had received your signed nomination form before 10 May and they paid you the minimum of $1500 (before tax) for the fortnight ending 10 May then they could have claimed reimbursement for that payment.

It sounds like they only paid you the JobKeeper payment for FN04  which commenced on the 11 May.

As it stands the JobKeeper payment is a payment we make to eligible employers as reimbursement after they have paid their eligible employees. Therefore, we have the JobKeeper payment relationship with the employer, not the employee. Therefore any "backpay" issues will have to be discussed with your employer but we cannot reimbursement them if they had not paid you the payment requirement within the appropriate fortnight.