Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

JobKeeper Employee Payment Due Dates

Views 575

Replies 1

Greetings, 
I had been working at a company for over 12 months, and during March my supervisor came in and handed me a contract to sign which I was not told what it was for until after the shift turns out it was this payment. 
(I don't believe that I should have been asked to sign anything without being told what it was for or given chance to read it, but is done now.)

I was told I was being stood down and going on the Job Keeper,  I have still not heard or received any allocated payment of the $1500 per FN  to this day, I asked my manager what was going on he just told me that the accountants handled it but have not informed me of any further information and ignored my follow up question about when to expect it.

I am hoping someone can shed some light into when to worry about it. I think the cut off is 31st May.
I also was not told anything about back pay, should I be expecting back pay as I have not worked since being stood down.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @SomeJoe4578,

Thank you for reaching out to the community.

The form you are referring to could be the Employee Nomination Notice which asks if you agree to be nominated by your employer to receive JobKeeper payments. More information about the employee nomination notice can be found here.

In regard to the JobKeeper payment itself, employers need to pay all eligible employees a minimum of $1,500 (before tax) during the JobKeeper fortnight. More information on how and when your employer should be paying your JobKeeper payment, please refer to this useful thread.

If you have questions about workplace entitlements and obligations in relation to the JobKeeper Payment scheme, the Fair Work Commission has released guidance on how it can assist with JobKeeper disputes. If you are concerned that someone is doing the wrong thing in relation to JobKeeper payment, you can tell us about it. To report illegal or behaviour of concern, see Making a tip off.

All the best,
Dejan

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @SomeJoe4578,

Thank you for reaching out to the community.

The form you are referring to could be the Employee Nomination Notice which asks if you agree to be nominated by your employer to receive JobKeeper payments. More information about the employee nomination notice can be found here.

In regard to the JobKeeper payment itself, employers need to pay all eligible employees a minimum of $1,500 (before tax) during the JobKeeper fortnight. More information on how and when your employer should be paying your JobKeeper payment, please refer to this useful thread.

If you have questions about workplace entitlements and obligations in relation to the JobKeeper Payment scheme, the Fair Work Commission has released guidance on how it can assist with JobKeeper disputes. If you are concerned that someone is doing the wrong thing in relation to JobKeeper payment, you can tell us about it. To report illegal or behaviour of concern, see Making a tip off.

All the best,
Dejan