Announcements
We understand that 2020 has been a difficult year but we're here to try and make it a little easier for you during tax time. You can search other people's posts, read our articles or ask your own question.

ATO Community

JobKeeper Payment (eligibility)

Highlighted

Views 182

Replies 2

Good morning, I would like to seek your support in clarifying the eligibility of JobKeepr Payment.

I am a full-time employee (weekdays) for 10 years in my primary employer (which is an essential service employer, like hospital, school, transport, supermarkets and couriers). I also work for 4 hours (on Saturdays) for 8 years in my second employer. The second employer asked to me to sign the JobKeeper Payment nominee form as they will apply for the JobKeeper Payment program and I am eligible.

I am unsure if I am actually eligible for the payment at this point, as my primary employer still employs me as full-time and continues to pay my salary consistantly. I would really appreciate it if someone can guide me for this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Enthusiast

Replies 1

Hi @futa_joel,

You can only claim JobKeeper from whom you consider to be your primary employer. It would appear to me that your full-time employer is your primary employer & therefore you should not claim JobKeeper from your part-time employer.

The rule of claiming JobKeeper if you had two jobs, was mostly for people who started up new work after being stood down or had a reduction in hours with their primary employer.

I wish you the best.

Cheers,

ReeceC

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Best answer

Enthusiast

Replies 1

Hi @futa_joel,

You can only claim JobKeeper from whom you consider to be your primary employer. It would appear to me that your full-time employer is your primary employer & therefore you should not claim JobKeeper from your part-time employer.

The rule of claiming JobKeeper if you had two jobs, was mostly for people who started up new work after being stood down or had a reduction in hours with their primary employer.

I wish you the best.

Cheers,

ReeceC

Highlighted

Replies 0

Good morning Reece,

Thank you for your reply regarding my thread. What you told me is exactly what I imagined. I will be telling my part-time employer that I continue to tick no.

Thank you, once again, for your prompt reply.

Kind Regards,

Joel