Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

JobKeeper Payments

Views 671

Replies 1

Hello,

My place of employment, from the information I've received from them via emails and memos from our forum on the app 'Ryver', are eligible for the JobKeeper scheme.
They've sent the forms related to JobKeeper eligibility for employees out to us; that had to be sent back by today.

That's all good for the moment.

The issue I have, is that they seem to think that they can pay us the first JobKeeper payments after May 1st, when they receive the payment from the ATO for each eligible employee. Even though from all the documentation I’ve seen from the NSW Government and ATO sites; it clearly states that the ATO will only reimburse my employer if they pay us first.

I’m fairly certain what they are doing will not work and void the JobKeeper payments for us, so I am after more information on the matter and seeing what I and/or my fellow eligible employees can do about this situation.

Thank you and kind regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Nikrob94 

Your understanding of the process is consistent with the JobKeeper advice. We suggest that you refer your employer to the JobKeeper information on our website – specifically Paying your eligible employees - or alternatively suggest they phone us, or their tax professional, if they are uncertain as to what to do.

Hopefully this helps.

Gus

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Nikrob94 

Your understanding of the process is consistent with the JobKeeper advice. We suggest that you refer your employer to the JobKeeper information on our website – specifically Paying your eligible employees - or alternatively suggest they phone us, or their tax professional, if they are uncertain as to what to do.

Hopefully this helps.

Gus