Announcements
On 21 July the government announced proposed changes to the JobKeeper program. These changes don’t affect Jobkeeper payments until after 28 September 2020.

ATO Community

Re: JobKeeper RTP Stipend Part-Time

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 98

Replies 1

I'm an Australian research student, who is currently on JobKeeper, with my job. I have recieved an offer of a part-time RTP Stipend, which is taxed (roughly $500 a fortnight). Will JobKeeper be affected, or will my RTP stipend be affected by my JobKeeper payments?

I had a look at the other versions of this question but many were on the Full-time RTP Stipend, which is NOT taxed. 

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @AncientGreekFan,

Thanks for reaching out to ATO Community.

The Knowledge Base JobKeeper article has the following information:

Can I earn income from another job while receiving JobKeeper?

You can earn additional income without your JobKeeper payments being affected as long as you maintain your employment (including being stood down) with your JobKeeper-eligible employer.

The part-time RTP Stipend would be extra income and you can continue to receive JobKeeper as long as you maintain your employment with the eligible employer.

All the best.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @AncientGreekFan,

Thanks for reaching out to ATO Community.

The Knowledge Base JobKeeper article has the following information:

Can I earn income from another job while receiving JobKeeper?

You can earn additional income without your JobKeeper payments being affected as long as you maintain your employment (including being stood down) with your JobKeeper-eligible employer.

The part-time RTP Stipend would be extra income and you can continue to receive JobKeeper as long as you maintain your employment with the eligible employer.

All the best.