Announcements
We understand that 2020 has been a difficult year but we're here to try and make it a little easier for you during tax time. You can search other people's posts, read our articles or ask your own question.

ATO Community

JobKeeper Sole Trader Eligibility Update - Lodgement after 12/Mar - Submitting form

Highlighted

Initiate

Views 435

Replies 4

Hi ATO team,

Thank you for updating the sole trader eligibility guide, stating there is discretion on "if you did not have a requirement to lodge your 2018-2019 return until after 12 March 2020 - Examples include: You are included in a registered agent’s lodgement program whereby your lodgement due date is after 12 March 2020." - This applies to my situation.

I am now submitting the form to apply for JobKeeper, but the eligibility declaration in the form does not include the discretion above. The form only has "had assessable income in 2018-2019 income year and provided notice to the Commissioner on or before 12 March 2020 OR made a supply in 1 July 2018 – 12 March 2020 and provided notice to the Commissioner on or before 12 March 2020".

Could you please confirm I can click "Yes" in the answer (as the discretion rule applies to my situation) ?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 3

Hi @oysterking

Thanks for your post.

We have provided a response to your other question. You can check it out here: JobKeeper Eligibility - Tax Agent Lodgement

The information we provided you in our other response was in line with information that had only recently been added to our website. In turn, we suggest that you check the enrolment form tomorrow to see if they have changed the wording of the lodgment question.

Good luck with it.

Thanks, ChrisR

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 3

Hi @oysterking

Thanks for your post.

We have provided a response to your other question. You can check it out here: JobKeeper Eligibility - Tax Agent Lodgement

The information we provided you in our other response was in line with information that had only recently been added to our website. In turn, we suggest that you check the enrolment form tomorrow to see if they have changed the wording of the lodgment question.

Good luck with it.

Thanks, ChrisR

Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 0

Hi Chris, many thanks for your reply, much appreciated!

Kind regards

Highlighted

Enthusiast

Replies 1

Thank you for your reply @ChrisATO. But you haven't clarified can we now tick the box for eligibility. In your other post (linked above) you said to check the eligibility question today but as far as I know this has not been updated as yet? Do we have any updated information on how to proceed? Thank you
Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Jane2000

Thanks for joining the conversation and for your patience.

We can now advise that the sole traders and other entities page has been updated with additional guidance on how to enrol if you don't meet the 12 March 2020 lodgment requirement.

All the best.

Thanks, ChrisR