Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

JobKeeper and Dad and Partner Pay

Views 1623

Replies 3

As an employer I have received all declarations/nominations from staff.

Included is one staff member who will be taking two weeks off in May after the birth of his child and is applying for the Dad and Partner Pay from the government.  As I won't be paying him during this two week period (unpaid parental leave), how will this impact my JobKeeper for this employee.  How do I NOT claim for this two week period but continue claiming for other periods?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @JoNautic 

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

You will have the opportunity to provide confirmation of eligible employees and the fortnightly periods for which they are eligible once the reporting requirement for JobKeeper payment commences. Therefore, you should be able to add or remove employees as per their eligibility.  

Hope this information helps.

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @JoNautic 

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

You will have the opportunity to provide confirmation of eligible employees and the fortnightly periods for which they are eligible once the reporting requirement for JobKeeper payment commences. Therefore, you should be able to add or remove employees as per their eligibility.  

Hope this information helps.

Enthusiast

Replies 0

Hi @RobynS 

By "adding or removing employees as per their eligibility," does this mean that in the STP reporting, the employee will be reported as eligible employee, i.e. JOBKEEPER-START-FN01. And then in the relevant fortnightly period in May (for example FN03) where this employee will receive the Dad and Partner Pay will be reported in the STP file as ineligible, i.e. JOBKEEPER-FINISH-FN03.

And when we have to commence the Jobkeeper top up payment on the next fortnight, the employee will be reported as eligible, i.e. JOBKEEPER-START-FN04?

Is this the correct way of reporting this to the ATO?

Thank you.

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @JoNautic

Thanks for contacting ATO Community. Sorry for the delayed response, I hope the situation has been sorted, if not I hope this information helps you.

You should pay your employees for each JobKeeper fortnight you plan to claim for.

The first fortnight is from 30 March – 12 April and each JobKeeper fortnight follows after that.

For the first two fortnights (30 March – 12 April, 13 April – 26 April), we will accept the minimum $1,500 payment for each fortnight has been paid by you even if it has been paid late, provided it is paid by you by 8 May.

This means that you can make two fortnightly payments of at least $1,500 per fortnight by 8 May, or a combined payment of at least $3,000.

For the third fortnight (27 April – 10 May) you must pay your eligible employees by 10 May.

If you usually pay your employees less frequently than fortnightly, the payment can be allocated between fortnights in a reasonable manner. For example, if you pay your employees on a monthly pay cycle, your employees must have received the monthly equivalent of $1,500 per fortnight.

Find out more about: Amount of JobKeeper payment

If your eligible employees change or leave your employment, you need to notify us.

Follow the links for the relevant steps:

Again we apologies for the delayed response; I really hope this information helps you and you all remain safe and well.

MariR