Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

JobKeeper application still waiting

Initiate

Views 2364

Replies 11

I applied as a sole trader for Job Keeper last week (July 2020) and have had no word. I have tried to search to find out the response time to be notified but can’t find anything anywhere. How long would I be waiting before I am notified if I have been approved? I have earned nothing since March but had not applied because, embarrassingly, I didn’t know I could. I found out through my sister in law who applied and was approved on the same grounds. I’m getting a little desperate and have been living off savings. Thankful for any answers and help. Cheers.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 8

Hi @ChristineL and @GKWebAgency

On average it will take us 5 business days to process a JobKeeper application. Unless we need to complete some checks or reviews, if this happens there is no definite time frame. We suggest you continue to check the status of the application online.

All the best!

11 REPLIES 11

Initiate

Replies 0

I also have this problem for the months of June. I called ATO and they told me you have to wait until July 14th. today is 14 july and nothing

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 8

Hi @ChristineL and @GKWebAgency

On average it will take us 5 business days to process a JobKeeper application. Unless we need to complete some checks or reviews, if this happens there is no definite time frame. We suggest you continue to check the status of the application online.

All the best!

Initiate

Replies 1

Hi @YianaATO 

thanks for your reply,

I have checked again now still step 3 is: 

Already declared

Return next month to complete your business monthly declaration.

but I have not received money and a new message.

Kind Regards 

GK

Initiate

Replies 0

Well wonderful it has been approved! Hopefully the money will appear for you in the next few days as it can take days through the bank process. Hope I don’t have to wait as long as you have 😬.

Initiate

Replies 0

Ok. Thanks for the reply. Will wait a minimum of 5 days and hope for the best.

Initiate

Replies 4

Just saying... it’s now been 6 days and still heard nothing. Will it be a month like the last person who posted indicated? 😢 It’s tough when it’s affecting me financially. Thanks.

ATO Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @ChristineL,

Thank you for your question!

I'm sorry to hear you are still waiting on your JobKeeper payment. 

The procedure for claiming for JobKeeper is to make and application initially and then make a monthly declaration. 

To make the monthly declaration:

1. Log into your ATO account through myGov

2. Select COVID-19

3. Under you JobKeeper application select 'identify'

4. complete form and submit

This will force the credit to issue within 4 days. If you have completed these steps above and still have not received the payment then you will need to give us a call, out number can be found under Business enquiries.

Initiate

Replies 0

@RenATO  thx for your replay

Step 1 : Enrolled 

Step 2: Identified

Step 3: Already declared
Return next month to complete your business monthly declaration.

-----------------

I sent on July 3, but have not received a jobkeeper. 

I've talked to them(ATO), I've said you can wait until July 14, but today's 17.

err

Initiate

Replies 0

Thanks. I did this as I hadn’t done it. It wasn’t obvious to me sorry. I also tried to do step 3 but it said I can’t do that until end of month? Hoping this doesn’t hold up payment? You stated it was auto generated after step 2. Can you confirm this? Does this now mean 4 business days? So it should be generated by Wednesday? Tomorrow? I rang the ATO business number as suggested to ask just this, and selected JobKeeper and then the phone prompts for the right person (ie choose a number for which applies) didn’t work. I went round and round and was about to give up when it said my selection was not registered and to hold to speak to someone. I spoke to a girl who said she didn’t know much about JobKeeper and the steps I was talking about. She asked ‘me’ to tel ‘her’ what happens!! (Shoot me now...!) and I asked her to find a supervisor. She asked me what she would ask her supervisor... anyway I now know why the rate of depression has gone up in this country. If this is the staffing it’s so awfully sad. So yet again, I’m back to ‘hoping’ it’s worked and ‘waiting’ without guarantee.