Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

JobKeeper - can I get payment and take paid annual leave at same time?

Views 799

Replies 2

As a stood down employee, who has substantial accrued annual leave entitlements that I can access..

Q: If I wish to draw down $1500 P/F of annual leave payment, can my employer say "the job keeper amount of $1500 P/F will NOT be paid" ?

Can they stipulate that I can only have the $1500 P/F Job Keeper OR $1500 P/F of my annual leave, but NOT both.

Surely they can't say i "won't be paid Job Keeper" if I also wish to draw on my annual leave entitlements.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @Martydaus 

Thanks for getting in touch.

The JobKeeper Payment is still being discussed in Parliament so may undergo changes before being made law. Under the proposed JobKeeper payments from The Department of Treasury, it is not a requirement for employers to apply.

As soon as it passes we will update the JobKeeper Payment Knowledge Base article so keep an eye out for updates.

Have a great day.
ElO

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @Martydaus 

Thanks for getting in touch.

The JobKeeper Payment is still being discussed in Parliament so may undergo changes before being made law. Under the proposed JobKeeper payments from The Department of Treasury, it is not a requirement for employers to apply.

As soon as it passes we will update the JobKeeper Payment Knowledge Base article so keep an eye out for updates.

Have a great day.
ElO

Replies 0

Thanks for the reply..

Just read an article in the Financial Review and that's exactly what Qantas is already intending to do.

That's a big loophole, that hopefully will be closed.