Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Re: Job keeper

Views 1373

Replies 5

I would really appreciate some advice about whether my employer can refuse to apply for job keeper for me even though she is doing it for other employees. She said she won't do it because her accountant advised her that its for people that need it more. I couldnt survive on the income from that employer ( i am a long term casual) so i looked for another job and started one in march ( casual) which was always going to be a temporary position and next week i am down to 15 hrs per fortnight. I was told from my first employer that i was temporarily out of work but now she wont apply for job keeper for me. Can she do this? Is there anything i can do? Im not trying to be greedy, im just trying to survive. She had told me a week or so ago that she would expect the hrs done to receive the payment so its not like i would be getting it for no work done. Any advice would be great

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 4

This has been confusing part of the JobKeeper rules in think. From what I understand of an eligible employer applies it has to be for all eligible employees. They can't choose.
To me it doesnt make sense for them to leave you out, they have nothing to gain by doing this? Ask them to check again
5 REPLIES 5

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 4

This has been confusing part of the JobKeeper rules in think. From what I understand of an eligible employer applies it has to be for all eligible employees. They can't choose.
To me it doesnt make sense for them to leave you out, they have nothing to gain by doing this? Ask them to check again

Replies 3

Thanks for your response, i really hope you are right. The reason she dosnt want to apply for me is because I had been looking for other work and so its almost like an...i will teach you a lesson. Well thats what i think because as you said "she has nothing to lose by doing it for me". If you do find out anymore about it I would love to hear from you again.

ATO Certified Response

Community Moderator

Replies 2

Hi @Louise25

Thanks for your reply.

@wonka5 is correct and we have now updated the information on our website. Employers can't pick and choose who they nominate. If they are an eligible employer and choose to claim the JobKeeper Payment, they must nominate all their eligible employees. Individual employees can elect not to participate.

For more information about the JobKeeper Payment, refer to our website.

Good luck with it all.

Thanks, ChrisR

I'm new

Replies 1

Hi,

So if the employer chooses to nominate certain other individuals, and not myself (even though I am eligible), is there a way I can still claim JobKeeper by law or is there no consequences for not including me in the scheme?

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Cooper_Fox,

In order for you to receive JobKeeper as an employee, your employer must be the one to pay you under this scheme - there's no alternative to receive JobKeeper as an employee. The only exemption to this would be where you are a casual employee and also a business participant (who can choose whether to nominate as an employee or under their own business).

If your employer has not applied the JobKeeper rules evenly to all employees, you can make a tip-off to let us know they're not playing fair for us to follow up on. Keep in mind that due to privacy laws, we cannot give you updates or the outcome of our investigation.

You can make a tip-off on our website.