Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

JobKeeper changes to ordinary day of work

Views 678

Replies 1

I am currently employed on a casual basis with two employers, Employer A and Employer B. Both of which I have worked for more than 12 months for

Employer A is eligible for JobKeeper, Employer B is not

I have commited Friday and Saturday to work with Employer B and Employer A is aware that I cannot work those days due to my commitment with Employer B.

I have commited/am available to work Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday with Employer A. 

Employer A has now told me I am required to work Friday and Saturday with them instead of with Employer B. 

I am usually unavailable to work Friday and Saturday with Employer A,  if I disagree to work Friday and Saturday due to my commitments with Employer B, can Employer A:

a) stop paying me my JobKeeper payment?

b) choose to stop recieving payments for me?

c) terminate my employment because I have disagreed to work those days?

I have already recieved my first JobKeeper payment with Employer A.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @jxlw,

Thanks for reaching out.

Questions about employee’s employment conditions during JobKeeper including leave, duties or working hours will be answered by Fair Work. See their website for the most up to date information and JobKeeper changes to the Fair Work Act.

I hope this helps.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @jxlw,

Thanks for reaching out.

Questions about employee’s employment conditions during JobKeeper including leave, duties or working hours will be answered by Fair Work. See their website for the most up to date information and JobKeeper changes to the Fair Work Act.

I hope this helps.