Announcements
On 7 August 2020 the government proposed further changes to the JobKeeper extension. For more information, visit the Treasury website.

ATO Community

Re: JobKeeper enrolment error - need to resubmit with correct information

Highlighted

Initiate

Views 9855

Replies 50

Hi

I enrolled into JobKeeper last night via the Business Portal.

I misunderstood one of the questions and entered an incorrect answer. The was part about business turnover. I selected May when I should have selected April.

I want to make an amendment to my submission but there seems to be no way to correct my submission.

Can anyone help?

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Manager

Replies 5

If you have included the incorrect turnover month on your enrolment form, you do not need to correct this information. It will be updated at step 2 in the process when you identify and maintain your eligible employees.

50 REPLIES 50
Highlighted

Enthusiast

Replies 3

I am in exactly the same boat and am trying to get some answers too. I’ve been on hold with ATO on the phone for nearly 2 hours. Hopefully we both get some answers soon, here or elsewhere. If I get any more info I will update you here too.
Highlighted

Enthusiast

Replies 2

Hello.

After spending 3.5 hours on the phone to ATO this morning, calling at 8am sharp — 3 hours waiting to speak to someone and 20 minutes holding while the person tried to get an answer —and...

The answer is that they don’t know how to vary the content in the enrolment form that we submitted.

The person I spoke with suggested I submit a second form with the correct information, but unfortunately the system won’t let you resubmit an enrolment form once you have submitted.

I am hopefully getting a callback within the next 2 to 3 business days with more information. But I can’t be the only one in this situation.

My concern is that if you are gauging a drop in turnover across a quarter (April to June) but the enrolment form only allowed you to enter a month (I picked May), this makes you ineligible for payments from 30 March.

Confusing, and hopefully we will get some clarity soon.

Hopefully @ChrisATO from ATO can help.

ECEB
Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 0

Hi

I got the exactly the same response as you when I called the ATO.

They just need to add a button to amend the submission.

They allow amendments to BAS submission. It can't be that hard.

Michael

Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 0

Same problem for me. I entered an incorrect number regarding the number of employees we will be claiming for. Later found out one of our NZ staff is eligible (she previously was unaware that the 444 visa is applied automatically). Called the ATO and they will call back within a few days. They did say to pay her assuming the correction will be made. Very stressful and frustrating!!

Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 15

Hi @mktchin and @ECEB

Thanks for letting us know about this.

We are looking into it now and will get an answer for you as soon as we can.

In the meantime, keep an eye on the JobKeeper guides as we will continue to update our website as new information comes to hand.

Thanks, ChrisR

Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 1

Hi Chris. I too made an error thinking that the month April relates to quarter beginning April. I should have chosen May. Like many others here there is no way to correct these error. I would hope that registering the error earlier will lead to recognizing a simple error was made and not an attempt to justify penalty.
I hope there will soon be means to correct these mistakes.
In my case, as we should chosen May, this would suggest we confirm no employees entitled until May and then only for the fortnights that fall in May. Would that be a correct proposition?

Thanks
Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 0

I updated my enrolment with a call to ATO 13 28 66. Easy fix on the phone. Wait wasn't too bad at 45 minutes.

I can relax now.

Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 0

I entered 19 staff for both pay periods on basis of the advice I had. Now one more staff member has said yes as their other employer won't participate. If I pay her that will be 20 instead of 19, will that cause a problem or should i contact by phone to amend

Highlighted

Replies 6

Hi,

I also have the same problem. I misunderstood the question and I considered myself to be an employee which was wrong. I need to change the number of employees to 0 instead of 1.