Announcements
There have been some changes to the JobKeeper employee eligibility rules starting from 3 August 2020. Visit our website for more information or ask a question.

ATO Community

JobKeeper for other partners

Highlighted

Views 634

Replies 3

We have a 3 way partnership with no employees.

1. I understand that only one partner can claim the JobKeeker payment.

Qa. What should the other partners who do not receive the JobKeeper payment do, to access financial assistance?

Qb. Does other future, but substantially less than normal partnership income, affect the JobKeeper payment?

2. Our partnership agreement states that all income to the partnership is distributed equally.

Qa. If one partner recieves the Jobkeeper payment, does this income get distrubuted to the other 2 partners?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @DavidR 

I understand these are confusing times.

The intent of the JobKeeper Payment is to enable any eligible self-employed person get a wage subsidy regardless of what business structure they use, where:

• the partners in a partnership only receive a share of profits – one partner can be nominated to receive it 

The full article is available here support-for-business/employers there is further information about applying on the Employer factsheet.

The Job Keeper payment is being discussed in Parliament still and could undergo changes before it becomes law so we can't comment at this stage if they will be doing a case by case basis. As soon as it passes we will be keeping our Job Keeper news article up to date to assist you.

In the meantime, Treasury has published some information on their website and JobKeeper information page.

I hope this information is of some assistance.

MichelleR

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @DavidR 

I understand these are confusing times.

The intent of the JobKeeper Payment is to enable any eligible self-employed person get a wage subsidy regardless of what business structure they use, where:

• the partners in a partnership only receive a share of profits – one partner can be nominated to receive it 

The full article is available here support-for-business/employers there is further information about applying on the Employer factsheet.

The Job Keeper payment is being discussed in Parliament still and could undergo changes before it becomes law so we can't comment at this stage if they will be doing a case by case basis. As soon as it passes we will be keeping our Job Keeper news article up to date to assist you.

In the meantime, Treasury has published some information on their website and JobKeeper information page.

I hope this information is of some assistance.

MichelleR

Highlighted

Replies 1

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunatley, you did not answer any of my questions and they are not answered on the websites you linked to.

I'm not sure where else to go for answers if the ATO community cannot answer it?

Highlighted

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @DavidR,

We do understand your confusion given all the information available.

JobKeeper has just passed through parliament and due to this we still only have limited information and are in the process of ironing out some of the finer details. As is stated in the frequently asked questions on the treasury website and as @MichelleR advised only one partner in a partnership is able to apply for JobKeeper.

We will be updating our website regularly as more information becomes available.  I do not know all of your circumstances; however Services Australia may be able to assist you. I do know there have been changes made to the eligibility for Job Seeker.

I hope this helps, SueO