Announcements
We understand 2020 has been difficult and we're here to try and make it easier during tax time. Search posts, read articles or ask a question.

ATO Community

JobKeeper - full time and casual jobs, am I eligible?

Highlighted

Enthusiast

Views 401

Replies 5

I have been working two jobs one full time and one casual to support myself, my wife and 2 kid for over 5 years. I dont get any support as my income falls high end but below 80k. I have been asked not to come to work as there is not enough work at my second job (casual). Im not even receiving job keeper allowance although my second employer is eligible as Im casual for 5 years. Whats options do I have now to support my family. My wife looks after kids and we are struggling. How do I get job keeper payment please. Sincerley, one of the hard working Australians !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 3

Hi @SupportQuery 

I understand this is a very stressful time for you and your family.

If your permanent employer is claiming the job keeper payment you may be able to claim it through them.

Our website has further information if you have two jobs, take a look at it when you have time.

If you have multiple jobs:

• Choose which employer you want to claim the JobKeeper payment for you. You can only choose one employer. If you are a long-term casual but also have a permanent employer, you can only choose a permanent employer.
  • Let your chosen employer know that you want them to claim the JobKeeper payment for you.
  • Let the other employers know you have nominated a different employer for the JobKeeper payment.
  • If you run a business, but are also a permanent employee, you cannot nominate to be an eligible business participant of that business. We will provide more information soon about the eligibility of business participants for the JobKeeper payment.

I hope I have been able to answer your question or at least provide you with some further information that is of assistance.

MichelleR

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 0

I am on the same boat, I don’t understand why all of us hard working people that have a permenent job and are also a LONG TERM Casual 5 Years plus should suffer. I have worked and committed more than all the part timers that does less hours and yet they are eligible and not me.
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 3

Hi @SupportQuery 

I understand this is a very stressful time for you and your family.

If your permanent employer is claiming the job keeper payment you may be able to claim it through them.

Our website has further information if you have two jobs, take a look at it when you have time.

If you have multiple jobs:

• Choose which employer you want to claim the JobKeeper payment for you. You can only choose one employer. If you are a long-term casual but also have a permanent employer, you can only choose a permanent employer.
  • Let your chosen employer know that you want them to claim the JobKeeper payment for you.
  • Let the other employers know you have nominated a different employer for the JobKeeper payment.
  • If you run a business, but are also a permanent employee, you cannot nominate to be an eligible business participant of that business. We will provide more information soon about the eligibility of business participants for the JobKeeper payment.

I hope I have been able to answer your question or at least provide you with some further information that is of assistance.

MichelleR

Highlighted

Enthusiast

Replies 2

Hi Michelle,
My permanent employer was not effected due to the covid. So he wouldnt make a claim. But my casual employer was effected. So he is can make a claim but then ATO says we can only claim from permanent employer. This is not fair. Neither we get any benefits nor any support despite working so hard. Please advise how my second employer can help me. What other clauses can make me eligible please. I need to feed a family!
Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 0

I agree with you in every aspect.

I don’t understand why you can claim it through your permanent and not your long term casual employment? What is the difference?

A lot of people work more hours on their casual job then their permanent part time. Why would you get disadvantaged???
Highlighted

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @SupportQuery and @Varu32,

I understand this must be a difficult time for you.

At this stage to receive the JobKeeper payment you are required to meet the criteria for eligible employees

There are other support options that may be worth considering which include early access to super, you can also get in contact with Services Australia to see if any of their support options could assist you.

Thanks, Kimo