Announcements
On 7 August 2020 the government proposed further changes to the JobKeeper extension. For more information, visit the Treasury website.

ATO Community

JobKeeper monthly declaration reporting date

Highlighted

Views 19538

Replies 22

I know it's a requirement to do a monthly declaration for JobKeeper but does anyone know when this is due every month?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Manager

Replies 11

@mahlen the monthly business declaration needs to be made by the 14th day of each month, starting in June, to receive reimbursements for payments made in the previous month.

So for example, the monthly business declaration for reimbursement of JobKeeper payments for the month of May will now need to be completed by 14 June. 

See JobKeeper key dates

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted

Devotee

Replies 0

7th of the following month

Highlighted

Replies 8

Hi @mahlen

Each month, you must reconfirm the eligibility of your business and your reported eligible employees. You should do this by the end of each month.

Key dates provided by the ATO include:

• From 20 April: enrol for JobKeeper payment.
  • 4 May onwards: identify your employees.
  • By 8 May: pay your employees $1,500 for each fortnight to claim JobKeeper payments for April.
  • 31 May: final date to enrol to claim for JobKeeper fortnights in April and May
  • Each month: reconfirm eligibility.

You can find out more information on the JobKeeper guide page under make a business monthly declaration.

I hope this helps.

VenusT

Highlighted

Replies 4

That really hasn't answered the question. A response has suggested that the declaration is due by the 7th of the following month, but there are no mentions of any due date for the declarations in the business guides. 

Highlighted

Newbie Registered Tax Practitioner

Replies 0

It's noted in the JobKeeper rules as issued by the Treasurer:

Division 5Administration

16  Reporting requirement relating to qualification

(1)  An entity that has qualified for the jobkeeper scheme (see section 7) at a time must notify the Commissioner in the approved form of the matters set out in subsection (2) within 7 days of the end of a calendar month (the reporting month) if the entity is entitled to a jobkeeper payment for a fortnight that ends in the month.

(2)  The matters are:

(a)  the entity’s current GST turnover for the reporting month; and

(b)  the entity’s projected GST turnover for the following month.

Note:          Current GST turnover and projected GST turnover are modified for the purposes of this section: see subsection 8(8).

Hope that helps.  Although I suspect this date will be extended for the first month as the declaration is due (07/05/20) prior to the final date for payment of the first and second fortnight (08/05/20).  Time will tell.

Cheers

Jamie 

Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @JanMeyer

Sorry for the delay in responding, and thanks for your patience.

Do you still need assistance with your question, or has it now been answered? If you still need help, please reply and tag me, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks

LizdeK

Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 0

Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 0

No all good thank you I ended up watching the ICB Webinar and worked it out.

Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 2

Thank you for that but when you go into your mygovid to the portal and you click into corona virus when you come to section 3 it does not go anywhere to report. Is this because May will be the first month for reporting April

Highlighted

Master

Replies 1

Yes. And you can't report Mays income until May is finished, so check back in early June to do the declarations for May