Announcements
On 21 July the government announced proposed changes to the JobKeeper program. These changes don’t affect Jobkeeper payments until after 28 September 2020.

ATO Community

JobKeeper monthly declaration reporting date

Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 0

Thank You Katie, I have scoured everywhere for this answer, and you were the only one that had anything relevant to offer.

I would have assumed this to be a common question, however there is little information about subsequent reporting dates anywhere.

All makes sense now, Thanks Again.

Highlighted

Best answer

Community Manager

Replies 11

@mahlen the monthly business declaration needs to be made by the 14th day of each month, starting in June, to receive reimbursements for payments made in the previous month.

So for example, the monthly business declaration for reimbursement of JobKeeper payments for the month of May will now need to be completed by 14 June. 

See JobKeeper key dates

Highlighted

I'm new

Replies 10

As there are 13 fortnights in the 6 month period being covered by Job Keeper program, does it mean that in one of the months there needs to be a payment received for 3 fortnights?

Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 9

Hi @Zoran 

If you see JobKeeper Key dates this should assist in knowing what fortnight to pay and lodge for.

Cheers MarkATO

Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 8

Hi all,

at the beginning of this thread someone asked a really simple question.  When can you lodge the declaration for the next lot of jobkeeper.  Not one of the answers actually answered this question.  The person wanted to know from when they could go on line and make the new declaration NOT when the cut off was or when the original date was for the first lot.  It was a really basic question.  As far as i can work out it is about the 2nd of the new month eg,  If you are trying to claim for the fortnights that fall in June then you can go on line from the 2nd of July and lodge your declaration.  If you want to claim for July then you can go on line on the 2nd of August to claim any fortnights that fall in July.  I would really appreciate a DEFINITIVE answer from someone at the ATO as to what the time is that you can at the EARLIEST go on line and make this declaration.  Maybe it's actually midnight on the last day of the month if so in what time zone.  It really was a simple question and didnt require all those vague answers about the cut off date.  

for anyone else experiencing the problem with the error code that now comes up on a lot of android phones when trying to use mygovid, the error is not with your internet as the ATO website says, the error is with the app and you need to update it on googleplay.

Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 7

Hi Nitanita,

Not sure if it was my post you are referring to, however, this is definitely the experience I had. I simply wanted to know what date I could submit my information for the next Jobkeeper Payment, not cutoff dates, philosophical opinions, legislative, political and financial implications etc etc. I did eventually end up getting a simple reply to my (I thought) simple question, however, like many discussion forums of this nature, there are those who seek to use it as a platform to dazzle the world with their brilliance and infinite knowledge, whilst at the same time, not actually answering a question. From my subsequent experience, your assumptions about 2nd of the Month are spot on. I have updated twice now on the 2nd of the Month (for the previous Month's transactions) and this worked fine Cheers.

Highlighted

Master

Replies 0

@nitanita i got the answer from MCA Accountants on the 22 April. At the beginning of the thread. 

Highlighted

Devotee

Replies 5

@Saxier1 @nitanita. I'm sorry, but I disagree with your assertion.

The original question was "I know it's a requirement to do a monthly declaration for JobKeeper but does anyone know when this is due every month?".  "When this is due" suggests the due date, not the date you can start lodging.

The date you can start lodging is the 1st of the following month.

Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 4

Don't know what "assertion" you are referring to. The person wanted to know when she can lodge her information. She pondered if 2nd of the Month was appropriate ..it is, that's all. Any other ramblings are just that.

Highlighted

Devotee

Replies 3

Hi @Saxier1,

I was referring to the assertion by @nitanita "at the beginning of this thread someone asked a really simple question. When can you lodge the declaration for the next lot of jobkeeper. Not one of the answers actually answered this question", that you followed up with stating that was your experience.

As the original poster has since clearly stated "i got the answer from MCA Accountants on the 22 April. At the beginning of the thread", so the assertion that we have failed to answer the original question is clearly wrong (which was followed with comments about how those of us that take time out of our busy lives to help people for free "use it as a platform to dazzle the world with their brilliance and infinite knowledge, whilst at the same time, not actually answering a question").

The person wasn't asking when she can lodge, the question was "when this is due every month". Very different, and this was addressed by the forum's members correctly and appropriately.