Announcements
We understand 2020 has been difficult and we're here to try and make it easier during tax time. Search posts, read articles or ask a question.

ATO Community

Re: JobKeeper payment scheme complaint

Highlighted

Initiate

Views 1755

Replies 5

If I have a concern about an employer abusing the JobKeeper payment scheme, to whom do I direct a complaint?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Dynamo

Replies 4

Hi @IsThisFair 

The Job Keeper leglisation has not been passed through government as yet.   Hopefully we will know more on this next week, therefore the Employer would not have been approved for Job Keeper as yet.

I would probably start with contacting Fair Work to speak about your circumstances.   It is a free service and you can either gain advice confidentially and if applicable fair work with your premission can inquire into and investigate breaches of the Fair Work Act.

I think this would be a good place to start to get some sound advice:  https://www.fairwork.gov.au/ 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Best answer

Dynamo

Replies 4

Hi @IsThisFair 

The Job Keeper leglisation has not been passed through government as yet.   Hopefully we will know more on this next week, therefore the Employer would not have been approved for Job Keeper as yet.

I would probably start with contacting Fair Work to speak about your circumstances.   It is a free service and you can either gain advice confidentially and if applicable fair work with your premission can inquire into and investigate breaches of the Fair Work Act.

I think this would be a good place to start to get some sound advice:  https://www.fairwork.gov.au/ 

Highlighted

Enthusiast

Replies 3

isthisfair

I posted a response to your previous post.

I have already contacted Fair Work re employers refusing to register for the JobKeeper payment and they advised me they understand

my issue but they are unable to persue complaints.

**Moderator removed incorrect information**

Contact as many media outlets and sources as you can to try and push this issue - you name is particulary apt - isitfair NO it's not.

Highlighted

Dynamo

Replies 0

Hi @Cornelius and @IsThisFair 

The Job Keeper Payment depends on the employer having enough Cashflow to pay you in the first place.   The Employer needs to pay you first in order to have the ATO repay the Job Keeper payments.   Therefore if the Employer has projected they can't afford to pay the Job Keeper Payment in the first instance then they do not have to register for it.   

There is not much you as the employee can do about this.   I would suggest you apply for the Job Seeker payments through Centrelink payment via MyGov 

Jobseeker-payment/how-much-you-can-get 

Highlighted

Observer

Replies 1

@Cornelius I can see you have copied and pasted the same response on many threads.

I don't think your response is correct or appropiate really. Contacting media outlets is not a helpful avenue - I'm not sure who or how you contacted these agencies but the correct avenue to complain about legislation is via Treasury or your local member of government. You can also go to the Commonwealth Ombudsam -https://www.ombudsman.gov.au/

If we think the Job Keeper payment is unfair we should really be working together, with government, to find solutions rather than complaining to media outlets. We're all in this together and we will get through it but we need to support each other. 

Highlighted

Dynamo

Replies 0

Hi @Deathandtaxes1 interesting nameSmiley LOL

Totally agree with you it is not the ''normal'' workplace situation anymore and we need to work together.  If the employer can't afford or don't have the means to pay the Job Keeper Payment in the first instance they won't opt for it it's that simple.