Announcements
Looking for answers? Search our popular topics or ask a new question.

ATO Community

JobKeeper rights when on stand down

Views 406

Replies 5

Hi,

I am currently on stand down with my employer and am recieving JobKeeper payments. 

I have been offered a new full time job and would like to know my rights to continue stand down with my current employer; if I accept a new full time job do I have to resign with my current employer immediately? 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 4

Hi @smith2209

If you were eligible at the 1 March 2020 you can continue to receive JobKeeper payments from your eligible causal employer. You can earn additional income without your JobKeeper payments being affected as long as you maintain your employment (including being stood down) with your JobKeeper-eligible employer.

Hope that helps!

5 REPLIES 5

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 4

Hi @smith2209

If you were eligible at the 1 March 2020 you can continue to receive JobKeeper payments from your eligible causal employer. You can earn additional income without your JobKeeper payments being affected as long as you maintain your employment (including being stood down) with your JobKeeper-eligible employer.

Hope that helps!

Replies 3

Hi Yiana,

Thank you. I’d like to clarify that my stand down was from a permanent job and my new employment is on a permanent contract, does this make any difference?

Also, do I need to advise either or both employers of these circumstances?

Replies 0

@YianaATO please see above

Community Manager

Replies 1

Hi @smith2209,

According to our frequently asked questions for employees page on our website, you are allowed to earn additional income on top of your JobKeeper amount paid by your primary employer that you were stood down from: 

" Question: I have been stood down and my employer is claiming JobKeeper payments for me. Can I earn income from another job while my employer gets JobKeeper payments for me and continues to pay me?

Answer: You can earn additional income without your eligibility being affected as long as you maintain your employment (including while being stood down) with your JobKeeper-eligible employer. "

Out of courtesy, you should probably advise your employers what is happening, but our information does not say that you are obligated to do so.

Hope this makes sense!

Josh

Replies 0

@JoshH thank you so much, yes this is great.