Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

JobKeeper school during school holidays

Enthusiast

Views 956

Replies 2

My employer (a school) is eligible for JK and I have been nominated to receive the payment. 

I don't get paid for school holidays by my permanent employer and I usually have a casual job to cover my income over the holidays, however I am unable to work for that casual employer as they are also claiming JK.

My question is, does my permanent employer still pay me JK over the school holidays?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Dynamo

Replies 1

Hi

That is a slightly unique scenario. However, if you and your employer are eligible and they are claiming JK, they are rquired to pay you the minimum of $1,500 (before tax) every fortnight. They will then be reimbursed this amount by the ATO so there should be no problem with them paying you despite you ordinarily not getting paid in the school holidays.

Hope that helps

D

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Dynamo

Replies 1

Hi

That is a slightly unique scenario. However, if you and your employer are eligible and they are claiming JK, they are rquired to pay you the minimum of $1,500 (before tax) every fortnight. They will then be reimbursed this amount by the ATO so there should be no problem with them paying you despite you ordinarily not getting paid in the school holidays.

Hope that helps

D

Enthusiast

Replies 0

Hi @DMACD 

Thanks, yes you are right. I spoke to the ATO later today and if my employer continues to receive JK for me they must pass the payment on to me over the school holidays provided they are still eligilble for JK at the time.