Announcements
Looking for answers? Search our popular topics or ask a new question.

ATO Community

Re: JobKeeper - starting a new job

I'm new

Views 46

Replies 2

hi, 

I currently work casually for my employer and receive job keeper.

I am starting a new job (full time fixed contract) on the 23rd. 

I am staying with the original employer as a second job and the full time job will be my primary employment.

do I need to do anything in regard to jobkeeper? Will I still receive jobkeeper payments from the second job? 

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Cfraser,

Under the employee test requirements, if you're a long-term casual employee, at the time you provide your employee nomination notice, you must not be a permanent employee of any other employer.

This means that after the time you nominate with your employer, you can obtain permanent employment elsewhere and it will not impact your payments with the nominated employer.

Keep in mind, as @SM2304 mentioned, Fair Work has said that under JobKeeper, you cannot refuse your nominated employer's reasonable requests to work. 

2 REPLIES 2

Devotee

Replies 0

Yes, you will still receive Jobkeeper so long as you do not refuse your Jobkeeper employer's reasonable requests to work

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Cfraser,

Under the employee test requirements, if you're a long-term casual employee, at the time you provide your employee nomination notice, you must not be a permanent employee of any other employer.

This means that after the time you nominate with your employer, you can obtain permanent employment elsewhere and it will not impact your payments with the nominated employer.

Keep in mind, as @SM2304 mentioned, Fair Work has said that under JobKeeper, you cannot refuse your nominated employer's reasonable requests to work.