Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

JobKeeper - what to do when an employee leaves?

Initiate

Views 462

Replies 1

I've got a casual employee who has been with me for 2 years. He had his last day yesterday - his choice, he was a uni student and has just got a permanent full time job.

How him finishing up work with JobKeeper payments? Do I pay him the $1500 JobKeeper amount for the whole fortnight or pro-rata it based on when he resigned? 

My guess is I pay him the $1500 amount for the fortnight. Can I do that today - ie in April - or do I have to wait till May?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @lovemakingstuff 

Thanks for contacting ATO Community.

It’s great to hear that your casual was able to find a full time job in these tough times.

In regards to your question, yes to be eligible a minimum of $1500 must be paid for the fortnight to your employee.

You can follow these when to pay directions, which will help you meet your requirements.

I hope this information is helpful and you remain well during this time.

MariR

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @lovemakingstuff 

Thanks for contacting ATO Community.

It’s great to hear that your casual was able to find a full time job in these tough times.

In regards to your question, yes to be eligible a minimum of $1500 must be paid for the fortnight to your employee.

You can follow these when to pay directions, which will help you meet your requirements.

I hope this information is helpful and you remain well during this time.

MariR