ATO Community

JobKeeper with additional job

Views 778

Replies 2

Hey community!

So I have 2 jobs which I've been stood down from; a casual and a part time (recieving job keeper), both which I started around the same time last year.

I've just recieved news with my casual job that we're reopening and I've been rostered on. I understand with JobKeeper, if you take up another job whilst recieving payment, it won't effect the payment. But because I've had this job before JobKeeper, does that mean I am off the payment or is it uneffected?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @MishH

Thank your for raising your question in our Community.

As to your questions you can find this information in our Knowledge base.

Can I earn income from another job while receiving JobKeeper?

You can earn additional income without your JobKeeper payments being affected as long as you maintain your employment (including being stood down) with your JobKeeper-eligible employer.

Hope this helps

Amanda CW

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @MishH

Thank your for raising your question in our Community.

As to your questions you can find this information in our Knowledge base.

Can I earn income from another job while receiving JobKeeper?

You can earn additional income without your JobKeeper payments being affected as long as you maintain your employment (including being stood down) with your JobKeeper-eligible employer.

Hope this helps

Amanda CW

Replies 0

Hey Amanda!

Thank you for replying so quickly!
So it doesn't matter if I was stood down by the casual job before receiving JobKeeper payments, it still fits within that criteria of "additional income" even though it's not a 'new job?'